Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really clean 200k 65 anniversary edition w 77k miles and am getting a tcm error. It comes and goes and when the jeep gets hot it sometimes won't get out of 2nd gear... any other fixes than replacing the pcm? It's about 1k for just the part. How hard is the replacement?

·
Registered
16,435 Posts
2006 auto pcm replacement is very simple but finding one that works is very very difficult
They all have a design flaw that results in heat related failure
Many have failed and the rest will fail
so many that Jeep dropped the wait list for replacements and said no more available

Best bet is flagship 1 but they all have the same design flaw and there is no fix except finding one that has not failed yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
FS1 PCM will cost about $600 shipped. Installed one of their PCMs in my 2006 yesterday. Hopefully the PCM works properly so I can unload the vehicle.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have no first hand experience with FS1 or the company that posted earlier in this thread, but I was extremely happy with the customer service and the product offered by Mark over a www.wranglerfix.com. I installed their solution in my '06 automatic back in October and have had no problems at all since doing so.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have no first hand experience with FS1 or the company that posted earlier in this thread, but I was extremely happy with the customer service and the product offered by Mark over a www.wranglerfix.com. I installed their solution in my '06 automatic back in October and have had no problems at all since doing so.
My experience with FS1 ended up being a disaster. The PCM they provided failed after a few hundred miles and they wouldn’t honor the warranty. Replaced with a Wranglerfix PCM with good results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts