Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 TJ has been throwing a code (Don't have the exact code at them moment) that indicates an O2 sensor issue or exhaust flow issue(? I think) for a while. Local mechanic wants to replace the cat converter.

A buddy's 05 TJ just started throwing a code (again, don't have the code) also indicating an O2 sensor issue. He took his to the dealership and they gave him a PCM update that took care of the code, and he seems to think, made the Jeep run smoother. The update supposedly addressed a fuel/air mix mishandling issue.

QUESTION: Is there a way I can try the PCM update myself? My vehicle has been "banned" from the network of dealerships (that's what the local dealership told me before I bought it anyway... Jeep had been totaled). Can I get access to the firmware update and equipment to do this on my own?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, couldn't figure out how to edit the OP... the code for my buddy's 05 that prompted the PCM update was: P2096.

·
KMG 365
918 Posts
I had that and another issue fixed on my 05 with a reflash of the PCM. There is a few TSB's and a Recall for emmissions for the 2005 model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts