Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of doing this?

I just pulled my intake manifold after having it off a couple of weeks ago and it's already got a nice build up of oil in the runners.

If you have one post a pic of your setup if you don't mind.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same problem. I also use an oil separator on my Hemi in my Ram 1500, so I have the same thoughts as you.
I think it would help immensely.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here's my solution. I think these are a good idea for any Jeep engine. My 4.0L was pumping lots of oil into my supercharger inlet tube. Whenever I took the throttle body off I would find a big puddle in the tube that enters the case. These PCV systems draw lots of oil out the valve cover. They do not separate oil out very well. Ask any race engine builder what they think of oil in the combustion chamber!! I have corrected my "combustion chamber oil injection system" with Moroso Engineerings separator, and find it to work very well!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's my solution. I think these are a good idea for any Jeep engine. My 4.0L was pumping lots of oil into my supercharger inlet tube. Whenever I took the throttle body off I would find a big puddle in the tube that enters the case. These PCV systems draw lots of oil out the valve cover. They do not separate oil out very well. Ask any race engine builder what they think of oil in the combustion chamber!! I have corrected my "combustion chamber oil injection system" with Moroso Engineerings separator, and find it to work very well!
Looks good! And I'm jealous of your supercharger. Lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks for the kudos. The separator you have a link to is a very nice looking unit, but I would want to have one that has a drain to empty it. It would be a nuisance to have to remove a cap or disassemble to empty it. There are lots of options out there.
I think you bring up a good point on the problem with oil entering the manifold. Most people are probably not aware of it. Check out the Moroso video on oil separators on their web site. I believe most vehicles would benefit from having one of these, if you have a PCV system.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kudos. The separator you have a link to is a very nice looking unit, but I would want to have one that has a drain to empty it. It would be a nuisance to have to remove a cap or disassemble to empty it. There are lots of options out there.
I think you bring up a good point on the problem with oil entering the manifold. Most people are probably not aware of it. Check out the Moroso video on oil separators on their web site. I believe most vehicles would benefit from having one of these, if you have a PCV system.
I had the JLT one on my supercharged Mustang and it wasn't too bad to screw off the cup and drain it but I do see the plus to having a drain. How do you direct the flow of the drain? Slide some hose on it?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just open the gate valve, drain it out the bottom into a cup, and toss it in the recycle oil container. Quick and easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts