Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need some help here. I think the part that I am planning on replacing is the PCV valve... First of all, I have a '93 4.0. The motor has 2 "valves" on top...one towards the front of the motor that has a tube that runs to the air filter and one towards the back that has a smaller tube. I am having an issue with the rear "valve" It is making a fairly loud sucking sound and the jeep will not run unless I keep giving it gas. Any help as to what part this is, and if it may be the cause of my rough idle would be greatly appreciated!:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
The part is called the PCV valve, but I'm not sure it is why u have an idling problem. The sucking noise is a vaccum leak. Try replacing it first, it only like $6. If that don't fix ur problem...I have no clue. Could be a simple vaccum leak, TPS sensor(if Jeeps even have one), bad intake gasket.

But before you get too far into what I said, just replace the PCV valve.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I replaced both of the valves on my valve cover last month. I picked up both valves and their respective hoses from my local Jeep dealer. I have a '94 and the parts guy described it as a CCV system. Here are the part numbers if you are interested:

Valve at the front of the valve cover (closest to the radiator) - part# 53030991 $4.75 each.
Valve at the rear of the valve cover (closest to the firewall) - part# 53030495 $7.75 each.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Old thread but I have the NAPA part numbers for the CCV valves... the elbows (ccv valve or pvc valve whatever you want to call it) the napa part number is 630-1076 and 630-1078 and the grommets... the part that goes underneath the ccv valve is 630-1411

1 - 10 of 10 Posts