Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1484 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone is currently running a Pedal Commander Throttle Response? Super easy install but I was curious if there is a noticeable difference?

I'm about to order one with the Wranglerforum30, $30 off, that Lawerence extended to me.

It looks like a great product but definitely wanted some more insight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Crazy noticeable difference! I got mine because I tow an RPod and I really noticed the poor throttle response of my JK. The lag and generaly awkward feel of the gas pedal. I run 4.88's on 35's and I use the basic level, the City level on setting 1. I can honestly say that Sport and Sport+ makes my Jeep chirp the tires in 1st and 2nd. It is ridiculously noticeable toggling through the levels. I can only use Sport mode if I'm towing and it's a huge help with my anemic 198HP 3.8 motor. Best $260 I spent. I like it more than my FlashPaq as I'm back to OEM tune and running great on 87. FYI I bought direct from Pedal Commander and used code JEEPGARAGE40 and got $40 off.

It does not simply send more fuel. Some guys post that you can accomplish the same result by pushing the pedal deeper. That is not an accurate description for how this device works. It's exactly as described in the Extreme Terrain YouTube video, the dude is caught off guard from the surprise response.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would love to echo what DanoJKU said. I recently purchased a Pedal Commander and man what a delight. Easy to use, easy to install and a joy for 3.8 owners. This should be the first thing that anyone with a 3.8 JK or JKU should do for performance and drivability. Forget CAI's or throttle body spacers. I use mine on the Sport setting and I love it. Night and Day.

I've been chronicling this and other upgrades for the 3.8 the thread I'll link to below.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/simple-performance-upgrades-for-jks-with-3-8l-1927266.html

·
Registered
423 Posts
Last night i met the owner for the pedal commander, very nice guy. I was skeptical about the product and he laughed at me. I agreed to let him put one in my new Recon to try it. He told me that if I didn't like it he would remove it. One that shows how easy it is to install this item. Well we went for a ride and the first thing was he told me to get to about 30 mph and hold the pedal steady. With a steady pedal he started to toggle through the different levels. The Jeep jumped and took off as each level was selected, light I was mashing the pedal down!! I was amazed, this thing was amazing. He then showed me the sport + on level 4, OMG I smoked the tires when I took off and I wasn't trying to. After just a couple of miles and being showed the different settings I told him that I only had one important question, did he accept credit cards tonight!!! I told him he wasn't getting the one back that he installed! On the way home I set it on city mode and the middle level and loved it. This makes you think you have a brand new Jeep!

I HIGHLY recommend this mod for every Jeep, it really is worth it and it will make you smile. It has a 2yr warranty and it doesn't void your factory warranty in any way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Love it

I just received my Pedal Commander. I LOVE IT. I went for it after coming back from Mesquito Pass this weekend. I have a 2011 Jeep JK and my pedal was floored on the highway back and barley keeping up traffic. Time for change. Did a test run today, It's a new rig!!! Everyone should have one. I let you know how it runs in the mountains soon. Get the $40 off, moneyback offer. You won't regret it.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
I agree completely. I got mine last friday and wanted to give it a week to make up my mind. Im sold. It does what it says it would do, get rid of the throttle lag.

Its not a gimmick or snake oil or placebo. If I plugged in a donut if would not do what the PC does and does well.

The thing is, I know it doesnt add power, and apparently it doesnt make your jeep "faster". But I do know that it helps me pass on hills. Prior to the Pedal Commander, when Im on a hill and change lanes to pass, it takes a second for the throttle to kick in. That second (or less) is enough for the cars in the lane Im changing over to be right on my ass. With the PC, throttle kicks in much faster and Im able to pass a bit quicker, noticeably quicker.

I know everyone says just push down on the pedal. Wouldnt this still have a lag? Pushing down on the pedal will still be subject to the drive by wire and WOT would still take that extra second or so.

In all the forums for all the different vehicles out there that Ive checked out, there is a very common theme. Those who bought it, love it. Those who havent, don't. It makes the driving experience that much better, at the end of the day, isnt the experience what mattters?

·
Registered
423 Posts
For everybody that has the commander, if you want to be surprised and have fun try this;

While driving along a flat area keep your gas pedal level and go the same speed. Then push the pedal commander and change the setting from eco to city. after a few seconds change it to sport, then a few seconds later change it to sport +. Its amazing that while keeping the gas pedal the same all the way through how much the Jeep jumps and speeds up! That is what really sold me on it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I may have to get one of these, I can't stand the lag in my 15's pedal. It's so bad sometimes you can hear the engine lugging like it wants to shift but it doesn't until you really push down. Doing the re calibrate helps for about a day then it slowly reverts back.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Ordered one today. Tired of all the pre planning to change lanes on the freeway and not get rear ended when I do. A friend has one and had nothing but good things to say about it. And PS that JEEPGARAGE40 coupon code still works for 40 bucks off on their website.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Eco mode is where it is without anything being lit up. On my unit the Eco part doesn't actually light up like the other modes do. You will know when your in Eco because your Jeep will be the most sluggish and non-responsive compared to the others. I keep mine on City level2.
Thanks, haven't found the right mode for me yet, I kinda like sport 1 or 2- I going to try city 2 for driving around town.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
How's your MPGs on this?
I would assume you would see the same effect as mashing the go pedal?

·
Registered
462 Posts
How's your MPGs on this?
I would assume you would see the same effect as mashing the go pedal?
Its not too bad. I went from about 15 to 14.8 (per the dial). I have it set at City 4..which is about 1/3 up the dial. It feels to me like it just eliminates the initial lag at the moment you accelerate, so its not the equivalent of mashing the pedal continously..if that makes any sense. I might be wrong, thats just what it feels like to me.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Installed mine today. It really is a big difference. No joke this thing will make merging and changing lanes on the freeway much safer. Honestly, I don't see me ever using sport plus so, for now, I am in sport 1 or 2. Going to give city 1-3 a try.

I tried to do the install by fishing the wire from under the dash but my big meat hooks could not get the right angle to get it plugged back in. So I removed the plastic panel from under the steering column and fed the wires in through there and it slid right in. It made the connector come in at a far easier angle. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 1484 Posts