Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some pen ink on the leather seats! (Brown).

Any proven help that you have used personally? (I ask as research on the net gives conflicting ideas about alcohol, hairspray, magic eraser,etc.)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Well, I am skeptical to suggest it... but one time one of my puppies chewed up a red pen in the middle of my carpet. I tried the oxy carpet product. I tried carpet cleaner. I tried a carpet shampooer. Nothing worked. My buddy told me to try WD-40.... I figured I had nothing to lose because I would just pull the carpet anyway. Well, the WD40 helped remove 50% of it right away and over the next 2 weeks it disappeared completely. That was 4 years ago and I still have the same carpet and no sign of where the stain or WD40 was. I have never tried it on anything else...

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have an easy solution. Take the top off for the summer. Spend one day each of the next 8 weekends wheeling on black diamond trails, camping for four of those weekends. I guarantee you that by the end of those 8 weeks you won't even notice the pen mark anymore. Voila! And your rig will look vastly cooler than it does now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have an easy solution. Take the top off for the summer. Spend one day each of the next 8 weekends wheeling on black diamond trails, camping for four of those weekends. I guarantee you that by the end of those 8 weeks you won't even notice the pen mark anymore. Voila! And your rig will look vastly cooler than it does now.
You've got some issues with the way people use THEIR Jeeps don't you?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have used hairspray on a variety of materials and it does work, but alas, leather was not one of those materials.
Hairspray should work or Isopropyl alcohol.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You've got some issues with the way people use THEIR Jeeps don't you?
You took me waaay too seriously. It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, like a lot of comments on the forum are.

To be totally candid, I do sometimes grimace out here in North San Diego County, which is a fairly prosperous place, when I see a top-of-the-line Unlimited or 4-door Rubi with all the gadgets -- enormous stinger bumper, winch, rear racks for extra water and gas, 37" tires, chrome rims, 5" lift, etc., etc. The paint job is flawless, the wheels are so polished that a gal can use them for her makeup, the winch lubrication is glistening, the tires are jet black, there's not a speck of dust or mud anywhere, and the wax job is better than I have on my Lexus. I have no doubt that the only time that rig goes offroad is when the dude drives into his garage.

Maybe it's his chick magnet. Fine.

Yea, I believe in freedom and all that, but it seems to be an offense to the eyes that a rig so well outfitted never sees real dirt, mud and rocks. And when rigs do start to look lived in, then the owners worry far less about a little bit of ink on a leather seat, a scratch on the paint job, or a ding in the bumper. In fact, they view such "flaws" as badges of honor, and can tell tales of where and when they got 'em.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
My son once got pen marks all over the leather seats in my (then) brand new Odyssey. I was flipping out!

I had this cleaner from a previous use, so figured I'd give it a shot. It worked like a dream! Didn't hurt the leather and got the pen marks out.

Amazon.com : Lift Off #3 Stain Remover for Pen/Ink/Marker Graffiti, 22 Oz Bottle : Multipurpose Cleaners : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I've also seen it at Home Depot, but I'm not sure how the price compares. It also works great to get pen marks out of clothes and canvas backpacks. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts