Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like I ought to start one of these, so I can keep up with what I've done and my adventures with this old girl. I grew up with Jeeps, starting with an 85 CJ7 Renegade when I was 6, a 77 CJ5, a 72 Jeepster Commando (a rare breed), an 85 CJ7, and now this 98 TJ! I sold my last CJ before I enlisted into the Army, and after getting back from 9 months in Iraq, I realized how much I missed having a jeep to drive, and play in and work on, and there's plenty of places to play around Ft. Bragg. It took an extremely supportive and encouraging girlfriend to remind me that having fun is important too, so I started looking. Somehow, one of the Platoon Sergeants I deployed with had purchased a a JKU Rubicon while deployed and I picked up his 98 Sahara. As it sits, it's got a 4" RE lift, Borla from the headers back, rebuilt 30/35s, Tom Woods front and read, a superchips computer, new stereo, rebuilt t case wth a 4:1 4L, larger throttle body, and I keep finding more he's done to it every time I get under it. Plans for it include going to 4.88 with a 44 front, 8.8 rear, Currie Antirock, new front speakers, and 35s. It'll be a while before I can start all that, because the next big purchase will be an engagement/wedding set, and then trading in our Ford Focus and Hyundai Veloster for a JKU Sahara or Rubi for her, because it's her dream car. Yeah, by better half has a JKU for her dream car. I'm winning.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good looking jeep,and future wife. Congrats on the engagement and thanks for your service. I drive an 03 TJ and will be posting my build pretty soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts