Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like the guy I bought my YJ from wasn't the best mechanic.... I did the quick math this morning and found I'm only getting 6.7 MPG! Ha ha.

He left the hose towards the rear of the valve cover open and it's blowing what smells like fuel (in vapor form) all over the place. He also hooked up the line from the front of the valve cover to a location on the carb that doesn't look right. I've been cruz'n the web for hours now, and can't find any pics that match his configuration.

If you have a 4.2 with the Weber, could you please post up some pics from numerous angles so I can get a better idea? Thanks a million!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From what I've gathered, it looks like the line from the front of the valve cover goes to the intake spacers, which mine don't have threads for the male nipple. Do I need to drill and tap? And the line at the rear of the valve cover goes to what would normally me the factory air filter box?

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Mine is the othe way around, but same idea. The line on the front of your valve cover that has the PCV valce in it should go to bottom side of your carb, or somewhere on the intake manifold. The one on the back of the valver cover normally goes to the airbox. In this hole i installed a Mr Gasket push in breather, get the one that fits in the grommet instead of the one that just clips into the valve cover. And plug off where ever that hose goes to, since it is open and is a major part of your problems for fuel mileage with that big of a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are the man! Thanks a ton. Now I just have to figure out where it's supposed to go. Hopefully Weber has instructions in PDF!

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you look at the bottom of the filter housing it should have a port for the rear hose to connect to. For some reason the PO left this port open and drilled a hole in the top of the filter housing, used a grommet and an elbow to join into the hose. I am going to eventually buy a new filter and housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts