Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Fuel Throttles for daily driver. I have heard a couple concerns.

The black comes off because it is thin and the plastic middle piece.

Anybody have problems with their Fuels ?

Not concerned about cleaning as I have all kinds of detailing products to do wheels.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've never had an issue, I'm running Fuel Boost on my PW and Fuel Revolvers on my JKUR, the paint on the backside seems to be weak but haven't had an issue with the front face

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I had fuel wheels...fuel Mavericks. Very susceptible to scratches (machined side)... Last the valves are in between the spokes, facing the spikes.it was touch airing down/up until I had to purchase a smaller tire deflator/air compressor.

Others look great though. I liked the anzas but when I first saw them in person, their outter lip layer was pretty thin. I'm sure it will hold up though.

Wheels are made overseas, but this ain't the 80's. They are very strong.

·
Commercial Member
116 Posts
I have fuel trophys in NE Ohio with all the slag and salt their holding up fine. I clipped a curb the other night didn't scrape the paint off

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife just put the Fuel Hostage on her silver 2011 JKUR. They look great, but she really hasn't taken them off the pavement yet.

image-2291091270.jpg

Here's a quick look at them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Anza's you refer to. No the ring bolts do not come off. They look good but have been scratched a couple times in Moab.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
have the fuel mavericks and I love them . looks great. no sctsarches so far ..

fingers cross
my lip damages were from wheeling. the others (scratches on the machined spokes) are... mysterious anomalies. lol. you can't see it from far since the machined lip hides it. I should've taken pics of it before I sold my previous jeep.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love my Fuel Nutz:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just got mine installed, so I cannot speak of the durability, but they look SWEET.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just got mine installed, so I cannot speak of the durability, but they look SWEET.
Yep these are the ones. I have an all Black Sahara with painted hard top and I decided I need just a bit of bling to dress it up.

Been hanging out over at the Autogeek Detailing forum. I am going to look on there to see if there is anything they recommend for tire protection.

I know there are products to keep break dust off and such.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Fuel anza, got them about a year ago. They still look great, the black continues to look new, no scratching or damage to the surface. We don't have any mud out here in the desert. Nothing but sand and rocks, wheeling out in the desert has not ruined these nice looking wheels.

Parts 411 had a buy three get on free event last year. I went to discount tire and they price matched and I had them the next day with free mounting.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts