Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys consider perfect weather to take the top and doors off?

Right now where I am it's 82 degrees with almost 0 humidity and full sun, it feels amazing:D

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Above freezing, at least in the 50's in the springtime, then non soggy, and below 120* if it ever gets to 120* here I'm moving. As summer moves along, 50's is ok on my way into work. But I like it to be mid 70's and above on my way home. Once it doesn't hit the 70's consistently I'm done for the year. PS it's funny how regions are different. When I was in the army I did training in San Antonio (Ft. Sam) and it was the dead of winter and it was a bitter 55* (sarcasm) our drill instructors came outside in coats and told us they would do their best to get us out of the cold as soon as possible, we looked at each other like. Is this a Joke? We were all ready to go swimming.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I live in Virginia. The past month early mornings and early evenings have been perfect. It is usually not that cool here in the summer. I live with between early mornings and early evenings beacuse once that top goes down it stays down because Jeep.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anything under 90 with a nice breeze and no humidity. I live in a desert and right now it is not ideal to be driving topless. I was happy when the evening was cool enough to allow me to remove the freedom tops a few weeks ago; reality hit me when I woke up the next day and I was sweating in my garage just putting them back on.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Regardless of what your perfect temp range is a mesh like the SpyderWebShade can expand it by 10-15º. :thumb:

An 80-90º evening after a 110º day has past is quite enjoyable.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Above freezing, at least in the 50's in the springtime, then non soggy, and below 120* if it ever gets to 120* here I'm moving. As summer moves along, 50's is ok on my way into work. But I like it to be mid 70's and above on my way home. Once it doesn't hit the 70's consistently I'm done for the year. PS it's funny how regions are different. When I was in the army I did training in San Antonio (Ft. Sam) and it was the dead of winter and it was a bitter 55* (sarcasm) our drill instructors came outside in coats and told us they would do their best to get us out of the cold as soon as possible, we looked at each other like. Is this a Joke? We were all ready to go swimming.
I see you're located in NW Ohio that's funny because I was just up that way visiting family. It's interesting to hear about all the different climates people live in and are used to

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anything under 90 with a nice breeze and no humidity. I live in a desert and right now it is not ideal to be driving topless. I was happy when the evening was cool enough to allow me to remove the freedom tops a few weeks ago; reality hit me when I woke up the next day and I was sweating in my garage just putting them back on.
I feel you, usually that's how it is where I live, but it's supposed to be low 80's and full sun all week this week here so I'm really excited haha

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Regardless of what your perfect temp range is a mesh like the SpyderWebShade can expand it by 10-15º. :thumb:

An 80-90º evening after a 110º day has past is quite enjoyable.
Wow I need to invest in one of those SpyderWedShades

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just ran 22 straight 100 degree days topless and doorless, in Austin, TX area with the spider web shade on. Makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm "ok but chilly" down to about 60, my family starts complaining about doorless under 70. I have the spiderweb shade on the whole time I'm in soft-top mode. I will often run doorless but with the top up - hit Cape Cod that way the past weekend, even though we got rained on both on the way there and the way back. I have never felt the need to throw the doors on just to get AC going - but sitting in Boston "Interstate parking lot" traffic in the 90 degree range makes me understand why people in hotter areas would.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I have an app (I'm just a user, not the developer of the app!) called "Jeep Weather" and you can customize the parameters you prefer for "top down" weather - it gives you an icon (top up or top down) based on local forecast data.

·
Registered
410 Posts
For doors and top off, 74 degrees is the perfect temperature. I used to drive past one of those bank temperature signs every day on the way home. With temps ranging from the low 40's to the mid 90's, I was confident in my findings. This scientific research was conducted over the course of 18 months.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I have an app (I'm just a user, not the developer of the app!) called "Jeep Weather" and you can customize the parameters you prefer for "top down" weather - it gives you an icon (top up or top down) based on local forecast data.
Thanks, just downloaded it. Cool app!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
That's pretty neat.

I prefer hot to go topless and doorless (85 and above). However, in the spring the first time it hits 50-55 I get that itch and will bust out the jacket and hat for a quick fix. Also, love the beginning of fall topless and doorless. Then as fall progresses freedom panels off and on until it's fully buttoned up late November. So pretty much anytime it's not winter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts