Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently looking at the diablo trinity chips. Are those the best ones for under a grand? Also I have a 4door sahara unlimited with 34s. I want it for calibrating my wheels and of course speed. I'm on the road more than the trails

·
Registered
158 Posts
First off, it's not a "chip" as chips haven't existed for quite some time now.
It is a handheld programmer. I personally like my superchips traildash programmer if your looking for something with touch screen features. If not, a simple superchips flashpaq will do you just fine for a lot less. And since you didn't even mention performance tuning. If you just wanted to calibrate for tire and gear changes and what not and change a few other goodies without performance tuning features. This can be had in the form of a superchips flashcal for around $150.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"performance tuning" what does that include? I also left out wanting to increase gas mileage if possible

·
Registered
158 Posts
Engine tuning for performance, can range from modifying the way the engine runs to give you more power, increased fuel mileage or a combination of both. Many many variables are modified in order to do this. Ignition timing, fuel pressures, air fuel ratios just to name a couple key aspects. I know the superchips tuner has a fuel saver tune on it. I wouldn't expect more than 2-3mpg better though. It's a modification of the factory program, not magic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts