Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa clause gave me extra cash this year for Christmas, I ordered a new exhaust, and some other goodies.

I have about 300 bucks left that I want to spend, and I am trying to decide what I want to buy. I know jeep MPG really isnt important to some, but I read that with a new exhaust and air intake some people saw a 2-3 MPG increase, and a lot of throttle response increase.

I was just wanting to gather some data from people I trust on WF before I decide if it is worth it or not.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Nobody is seeing an actual 2-3 mpg increase with a cold air intake. 2-3mpg in a vehicle that gets 15mpg is MASSIVE

The engineers at Jeep just redesigned the way that VVT works and increased compression in the 3.6, all for 5% better efficiency. If there was efficiency or power to be gained from a redesigned intake, they would have gone that direction instead of making major tweaks to the motor for 5%.

Dont waste your money on it

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
At best you will get a better sound out of the engine, at worst you are opening your engine up more crap coming in. I would imagine there are other choke points in the engine that negate any real gains in power form a CAI.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The engineers at Jeep just redesigned the way that VVT works and increased compression in the 3.6, all for 5% better efficiency. If there was efficiency or power to be gained from a redesigned intake, they would have gone that direction instead of making major tweaks to the motor for 5%.
Are you referring to the PUG? (PentaStar UpGrade). Do you think we will see that in the 2017 JK or will we have to wait for the JL?

I read on AllPar that it's going into the Grand Cherokee this year...

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Are you referring to the PUG? (PentaStar UpGrade). Do you think we will see that in the 2017 JK or will we have to wait for the JL?

I read on AllPar that it's going into the Grand Cherokee this year...
Yea I was reading the same one on AllPar that you are talking about. No clue if the JK will see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts