Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have intake and exhaust I was considering getting a tuner/chip for my 2012 jku sport. What do you guys use?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the superchips flashpaq and I like it a lot. It has stock, performance, and towing options plus you can set your tire size to correct the speedometer.

However, I would say that the hikeit electronic throttle pedal tuner did more to make my Jeep feel peppy with 35" tires.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Now that I have intake and exhaust I was considering getting a tuner/chip for my 2012 jku sport. What do you guys use?
Tuners won’t make much difference for the mods you did. But a SuperChips Flashpaq will let you tune your 2012 for Premium gas that will make a difference. We have found that intakes and exhaust really don’t do much for either the 3.8L or the 3.6L. Other then that A custom tune may make a bit of difference but not worth the cost.
Running higher octane fuel properly requires the timing to be advanced, hence tuning for that provides the most difference.
As mentioned the Hikeit Throttle programmer makes the most seat of the pants difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts