Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 03 Rubi bucks once in a while and today it bucked big and then the check engine light came on. So I did a search for fuel filter and EVERYONE says that it is in the tank and does not need to be replaced. So why is there the below part for some of our TJ's?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Well my 03 Rubi bucks once in a while and today it bucked big and then the check engine light came on. So I did a search for fuel filter...
Your CEL came on and you searched for fuel filters? Your time would be better spent obtaining the DTC(s) associated with the CEL.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
That's a fuel filter but it doesn't go in any TJ I have ever seen. Maybe for overseas models?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a fuel filter but it doesn't go in any TJ I have ever seen. Maybe for overseas models?
Thanks for the HELPFUL information. I have pulled my code already and working it out (P 0123) but the weird filter was throwing me off that I have seen.

Since I have only had this Jeep for a few weeks, I am going to do a complete tune up and want to replace pretty much everything that is for routine maintenance. Luckily I have an in on Royal Purple so I am pretty stoked on that.

But thanks all for the help :Thanx:

and sorry for being an ass :bottom:

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Glad to help! Weird that it has an electrical looking connector at the bottom huh?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,414 Posts
Well my 03 Rubi bucks once in a while and today it bucked big and then the check engine light came on. So I did a search for fuel filter and EVERYONE says that it is in the tank and does not need to be replaced. So why is there the below part for some of our TJ's?
I dunno where you found that pic but that's not a Wrangler's fuel filter.

The Wrangler's fuel filter is inside the fuel pressure regulator that I'm holding in my hand in the below photo. Positioned on top of the fuel pump, just outside the gas tank, it's a lifetime filter and won't clog in a typical Wrangler's lifetime. At least not unless it's in a third-world country running unfiltered third-world gasoline. The actual filter inside the fuel pressure regulator has a positively huge surface area and looks like a large round cylinder of white felt.

I seriously doubt your CEL has anything to do with the fuel filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
It looks like Omix-ADA is the source of the filter misinformation. You can contact them at 770-614-6101.

Let us know what they have to say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts