Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if I need to change my perportioning valve when changing from drum brakes to disc brakes on a dana 44 from the dana35??? I replaced the mastercylinder and have no leaks but cannot build pressure..??

·
Registered
481 Posts
Can anyone tell me if I need to change my perportioning valve when changing from drum brakes to disc brakes on a dana 44 from the dana35??? I replaced the mastercylinder and have no leaks but cannot build pressure..??
Any chance the calipers were switched from side to side? Make sure the bleeder screws are on the top (highest point) of the calipers. Did you "bench bleed" the new master cylinder? If the cals are installed correctly you could still have air in the system.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,409 Posts
No, the proportioning valve is the same for drum and disk brakes. You probably accidentally switched the sides the calipers were made for. That places the bleed screw location under the brake line which then makes it impossible to bleed the air out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys that's exactly what I did I must have switched them when I gave them a new paint job before installing the new axle. Thanx again for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts