Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 1295 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
There's places to wheel around blackwood? Never knew that. I usually just go to Wharton since it's pretty close to me. I'd definitely be down for a trip to Rausch Creek. I was planning on going the weekend of June 6th for the 101 class since that would be a birthday gift to myself, but I'm not sure I want to wait that long. This is myself and my wife's first jeep as well and at the moment it's only on a budget boost with stock tires. Although to be honest I'm a little hesitant to head out to either in the next few weeks. Gonna be really muddy and sticky for a while, and I haven't bought a winch yet.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Indeed there is. Much better than Wharton, IMO. Only one section of mud, but it's 100% avoidable and don't even have to go within 100 yards of it if you don't want to. Line of deep puddles that I haven't managed to get through yet, too. Beside that it's all sand. Was able to do plenty there when I was on 31s and a budget boost.

My plan is to get my tax return, get new shocks, and then head out. So 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'll keep an eye on this thread then. That's a half hour tops from where I live, so just let me know where to meet up. How legal is it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm not around this weekend, but I'll be free pretty much any time after the 22nd. Anyone else have any dates they could do?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Couple guys from NNJ are going to Wharton on Sunday if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm interested...any details on meet up time/loc?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Damn. I'll be at the harbor freight parking lot sale and convincing my buddy to weld up my frame since I'm not that good yet. One or two more weekends and I'm in the clear. Dying to get out, but I'm trying to make changes to my suspension before then so it's not just hitting the same walls.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm just checking in and will watch this thread. Bucks County here. But I wanted to throw in a plug for those considering the Rausch Creek 101 class. I did it in January, it was snowy and icy, my Rubicon is stock and I had a great time. I'm amazed at what it was able to do. I hit Wharton with a buddy from time to time and have pretty busy weekends with kid stuff and Union season tickets, but I'll jump in when I have time if it's a family-friendly group.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Anyone know a machine shop in the area that will cut down and balance a driveshaft?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just got my tax return. This Friday I can give a solid date for when I could lead a trip for those interested.

Anyone know a machine shop in the area that will cut down and balance a driveshaft?
Had a front one I picked up at a part out that was built by CCC trucking in Bensalem. It also spat out a U joint after a year. Doubtful it was the driveshafts fault, but whatever.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Just got my tax return. This Friday I can give a solid date for when I could lead a trip for those interested. Had a front one I picked up at a part out that was built by CCC trucking in Bensalem. It also spat out a U joint after a year. Doubtful it was the driveshafts fault, but whatever.
Thanks man.

I called their Folcroft location earlier. I'm having them resize an XJ shaft for my rear. Jus looking for one to get me by when I do the engine swap for a couple months or so, then I'm gonna do a TT and need a new one anyways. Then I'll buy a nice new shaft from Adams or Tatton of somethin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in Ardmore PA. Just bought my 1st Jeep the beginning of February and I want to have fun with it, yes it's all stock but I can't wait any longer, let me know when yall going out I'll tag along!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
OK so here's my situation. Will be ordering my new shocks and other suspension odds and ends this Friday after I get my paycheck. I'll install next Saturday along with some frame painting. So April 5th or any weekend after I'll be good to go. Anyone else have an opening?

·
Registered
190 Posts
April 12th is the first autox event of the year, but other than that I should be good.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
April 12th is the first autox event of the year, but other than that I should be good.
Yea that's the first weekend I'm available. Decided to pick up a welder and set my plans back a bit. This weekend I'll be installing shocks and doing all my bumpstop work. Might get ballsy and fab some upper shock mounts in the rear instead of the teraflex ones

·
Registered
190 Posts
I do have a trip planned for the 18th to Wharton if anyone is interested. Couple of guys are going to Rausch Creek that day also.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Have a set of JK shocks made to fit a TJ with bar pin eliminators. Will work with 1-4" lift.

I'll have some pretty pictures up later. Install took a bit longer since I had to weld up some bump stop extensions and take the flap disk to my brand new shocks. Still have to do some clearances in the rear since the shock can isn't fitting through the hole on the upper mount. Losing about an inch of up travel.

21 - 40 of 1295 Posts