Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 1295 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey there, Im in the Abington, Northeast Philly area. looking to see if there is any meets soon? I see so many Jeeps on my way to and from work but never see any jeep meets.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What's up everyone? Anyone looking to head to the Pine Barrens anytime soon?
We had to push our trip back a week so I'll be out there with a big group this weekend. Guys, girls, jeeps, trucks, anything and everything.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well this is awkward. Here I am pushing hard to get back out in the woods, and now I have the jeep for sale. Was accepted to Gwynedd Mercy and wouldn't be able to afford the gas heading down the turn pike three times a week from Lower bucks. Oh well. Sure I'll find my way off the pavement post grad. Let me know if anyone has an LS1 Camaro or Firebird they wanna trade. I need a "sensible commuter" lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Indeed there is. Much better than Wharton, IMO. Only one section of mud, but it's 100% avoidable and don't even have to go within 100 yards of it if you don't want to. Line of deep puddles that I haven't managed to get through yet, too. Beside that it's all sand. Was able to do plenty there when I was on 31s and a budget boost.

My plan is to get my tax return, get new shocks, and then head out. So 2-3 weeks.
Where in Blackwood?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Me and my brother-in-law are going to Rausch Creek Off Road Park Sunday May 17th. We are doing the 101 Driving Instruction Class. Starts at 9:00 am and they suggest you get there at 8:30 for check-in. Class is done around 3:00 pm.

Cost:

Class fee is $150.00 per vehicle
Daily access park fee is $35.00 per vehicle
Yearly Membership fee is $15.00 per driver and passenger 16 years of age or older.

Go here for more details: Instructional Classes

·
Registered
806 Posts
Enjoy the class. I had a great time when I did it in January. There was snow and ice all over and I was impressed with how well the JK did.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
The 101 class was great! You come away with a good feel for what your Jeep can do. Kyle is a fantastic instructor, he helps you build confidence and is very good at explaining technique. I have a stock sport JK and had no problems with the trails or obstacles.

Definitely will take the 201 training ride someday.

·
Read Only
365 Posts
Me and my brother-in-law are going to Rausch Creek Off Road Park Sunday May 17th. We are doing the 101 Driving Instruction Class. Starts at 9:00 am and they suggest you get there at 8:30 for check-in. Class is done around 3:00 pm.

Cost:

Class fee is $150.00 per vehicle
Daily access park fee is $35.00 per vehicle
Yearly Membership fee is $15.00 per driver and passenger 16 years of age or older.

Go here for more details: Instructional Classes
It's funny you mention.. The dealer I bought my Jeep from (a year ago) just offered me a 1/2 price trip ..They do it 3 times a year..I'm planning on going in November..Let me know how you make out.. what to expect... thank & have fun..

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,069 Posts
Willow Grove here. I bought my first Jeep, a '15 JKUWW, about a month ago and am looking forward to some "mild" wheeling this summer. I've had some serious off road fun in the Pine Barrens with a Suzuki Samurai while I lived in Jersey. Laugh if you will, but that Sammy was the greatest for a teenager in High School and College. Now I'm middle aged and bought my first Jeep as a daily driver.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm looking forward to getting to the Rausch 201 class. But more short term, me and a buddy might be hitting Wharton Sunday. Not sure of the timing yet, but wanted to put it out there if anyone is interested. I won't have my kids with me this time, he might have one with him, he's got a lifted Land Cruiser and we aren't going to be doing anything crazy. Followed by a trip to the Pic.

·
Registered
806 Posts
FWIW, I drove around Wharton for hours today and it was completely dry. If you ever wanted to get a good look at ruts in the bottom of the mud puddles, now is a good time to do it.

·
Read Only
365 Posts
FWIW, I drove around Wharton for hours today and it was completely dry. If you ever wanted to get a good look at ruts in the bottom of the mud puddles, now is a good time to do it.
We went a couple months ago...same deal..
It's nice knowing where the ruts are..lol..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey guys, anyone looking to make a trip to the pine barrens soon? I'd like to get a group before summer is over. Also looking into Rausch Creek for an October trip. Let me know!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Live Near Allentown, work in King of Prussia, and go to the gym off of Route 100 somewhere in between. See well over a dozen jeeps heading each way!

Estimated ship date of my Hydro Blue Unlimited Hard Rock is 9/10 and can't wait to get it dirty!

Let's keep this thread alive!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice, BeeLDub, that's really exciting, I'm sure you'll love it!

My roommate just bought a 2014 Jeep Patriot. We have to install a tow hook in the front, but as soon as that's all done we're hoping to find a group of people.

Besides Rausch Creek and the Pines/Wharton, anyone have any good spots around the Philly area?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys, anyone looking to make a trip to the pine barrens soon? I'd like to get a group before summer is over. Also looking into Rausch Creek for an October trip. Let me know!
My weekends are pretty booked for now, but subscribing to this thread for the future. Rausch in Oct definitely seems like an option.

Was just out at the pine barrens (Wharton) this Friday. It's absolutely dry, I think we only hit 1 or 2 smallish puddles.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I am tentatively holding Oct. 4 for me and maybe 2-3 other vehicles to head to Wharton. There's a good chance that changes due to my crazy fall schedule, but I will send out an update if we decide it's a go. I want to get back to Rausch Creek too, so if people are heading up there please post it up. Saturdays are out for me, but Oct. 4 and Oct. 18 are clear for now.

41 - 60 of 1295 Posts