Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the compass/temp mirror to my 03. All the wiring is there and I have it all hooked up except the temp sensor. Can someone please snap a photo of how/where the sensor is mounted. I have the sensor and the wire in in the corner of the grill, just want to see how it was mounted from the factory. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Should be mounted exactly where you see it.

I added one from a GM vehicle and ziptied it to the internal grill support.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone have a photo of the OEM temp sensor set up?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. This is what it looks like on my '04:

Picture taken through the second slat to the left of the driver's headlight. Let me know if you need anything else.

Rich
Thanks. It’s hard to tell how it’s mounted and what it’s mounted to. Is there some kind of bracket the sensor is mounted to then it’s mounted to the Jeep or is the sensor directly mounted to the Jeep?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks. It’s hard to tell how it’s mounted and what it’s mounted to. Is there some kind of bracket the sensor is mounted to then it’s mounted to the Jeep or is the sensor directly mounted to the Jeep?
I took a couple more shots. The sensor has that tab that protrudes to the left in the first photo, and it's bolted to a bracket. The wiring connects up to the bottom of the sensor (I unplugged it so you could see that.) The second photo is a different angle looking sideways at the bracket and sensor. Hope that helps?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took a couple more shots. The sensor has that tab that protrudes to the left in the first photo, and it's bolted to a bracket. The wiring connects up to the bottom of the sensor (I unplugged it so you could see that.) The second photo is a different angle looking sideways at the bracket and sensor. Hope that helps?

Perfect, thanks. I wonder if I can find one of these OEM brackets. Maybe someone parting out a TJ....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts