Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several wheels I'm interested in, but rather than springing for both wheels and tires at once, I'm thinking of moving my stock 255s to a wheel with less back spacing (4.5") until I need to replace them.

The wheels alone will give me a wider stance, correct? What will this look like?

TIA

·
Registered
821 Posts
There are several wheels I'm interested in, but rather than springing for both wheels and tires at once, I'm thinking of moving my stock 255s to a wheel with less back spacing (4.5") until I need to replace them.

The wheels alone will give me a wider stance, correct? What will this look like?

TIA
Are you planning on going up in tire size eventually? It seems like most people upgrade wheels and tires simultaneously or run stock wheels with spacers and larger tires rather than just changing wheels. We must be in the minority!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Are you planning on going up in tire size eventually? It seems like most people upgrade wheels and tires simultaneously or run stock wheels with spacers and larger tires rather than just changing wheels. We must be in the minority!
That probably because of the spot and Sahara guys
They have those dinky little street tires that do them no go on the trails.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'll probably go with 285/70s. I don't think I want a lift, but I would like some wider and slightly larger shoes. Was just trying to defer the cost since my M/Ts only have 1600 miles on them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yeah, I'll probably go with 285/70s. I don't think I want a lift, but I would like some wider and slightly larger shoes. Was just trying to defer the cost since my M/Ts only have 1600 miles on them.
I agree... It's too bad Jeep doesn't just make the stock tires at least 285/70s. I have brand new KM1s and I'm swapping them for new tires next week. I actually like them... They ride fine, but their too small. Hopefully I find someone with a stock Jeep that wants to upgrade their tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts