Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jeeponator
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PIAA and maybe others, list some of there lights as 55 = 85 or 55 = 110 watts. What does this mean? What is the actual wattage of these bulbs?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the PIAA 13556 ( the 110 w) arriving Wednesday. The way the guy explained it was the bulbs still only use 55 watts but the technology allows for the bulb to emit light that is as bright as a 110 w bulb in comparison.

I have standard 55 w h3 bulbs in now. I will let you know if there is a big difference. I hope so or they are getting returned.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It just means that the 55s put out the equivalent of a 85 watt bulb. Piia somehow does this without drawing anymore power thu the wiring so no need to worry about factoru wiring not handling it.

·
Jeeponator
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured that was the implication. Would be nice to use the factory wiring.

Be nice to know how those 110's work out.

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just installed and tested the new lights tonight. I was impressed. I had standard 55w bulbs in the factory fog lights. I put the 13556 model lights in. PIAA claims its suppose to put out 110 w equivalent. Not sure how right on that is, but after installing one and testing them side by side they are much much brighter. I like the yellow tint to the light for bad weather and that the lights still look stock when not on.

·
Jeeponator
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. Im still on the fence about the Fogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts