Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a Rugged Ridge light bar with 5 PIAA fog lights... the grill on the lights rattle and it's annoying as all hell... outside of rigging it with tape or something anyone have any ideas?... thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I added a Rugged Ridge light bar with 5 PIAA fog lights... the grill on the lights rattle and it's annoying as all hell... outside of rigging it with tape or something anyone have any ideas?... thanks in advance
Just installed PIAA's with same issue on the grills. A dot of 100% silicon (clear - bath and kitchen) in each of the grill pockets that snap over the light screws will eliminate it completely. I taped the grills tightly to the lights overnight while the silicon set up.

A small dab will eliminate the rattle while allowing removal of the grill. Just a touch of silicon when re-installing will be all you need as the earlier silicon formed a perfect impression of the adjoining screw head (assuming the silicon remains in the grill pocket and not the light screw head)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just installed PIAA's with same issue on the grills. A dot of 100% silicon (clear - bath and kitchen) in each of the grill pockets that snap over the light screws will eliminate it completely. I taped the grills tightly to the lights overnight while the silicon set up.

A small dab will eliminate the rattle while allowing removal of the grill. Just a touch of silicon when re-installing will be all you need as the earlier silicon formed a perfect impression of the adjoining screw head (assuming the silicon remains in the grill pocket and not the light screw head)

Awesome, thanks Billum... I will do that... appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts