Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recent bought a PIAA LP530 yellow LED light kit. In it it came with a wiring harness that is supposed to have a fuse, switch and relay. However it looks like the relay could be part of the switch? Does that sound possible? The weird part is that the included instruction only have 1 hot (+) connection instead of one for the switch and one for the relay. There are 2 grounds (-).

The lights are only rated at 0.5A each, but still don't want issues in the future. I've attached a stock photo of the included harness, but will try to get a better picture tomorrow.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
I downloaded the instructions and it looks like there isn't a relay required for these lamps. So, I'd suggest following the instructions and using the harness. The one thing you might want to customize is the switch. My PIAA driving lamps (which have a relay) also had a funky switch included, but I wired them to an A pillar set of switches that also run my rock and backup lights.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Grand Umpah!

I think I'll follow the instructions for now to get the lights operational temporarily. Then look at getting a switch pod setup with relays for a more permanent and upgradable installation.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
There are 2 grounds because you need a ground for the lights and a ground for the LED in the switch to work.
Follow the instructions provided and you will have no problem. I use the same lights in white on my A pillars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts