Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after buying my 2015 JKU, I connected a phone to the in-console USB jack, and it pushed clean through. Even though it's still under warranty, I hate the thought of giving it to the dealer clods to "repair" (and break something else in the process).

Anyone got a pic of the underside of the 2015-style console where the USB port is? I can't imagine I need to do more than remove it just enough to lift the rear and get my hand in, but I'd like to confirm before attempting.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I dont have the pic - but I am sure their is a parts diagram online. I would also say , that my limited experience so far is that taking apart a jeep interior is pretty straight forward - there are probably 2 screws and some clips and you can have it opened up and take a look relatively quickly.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have the pic - but I am sure their is a parts diagram online. I would also say , that my limited experience so far is that taking apart a jeep interior is pretty straight forward - there are probably 2 screws and some clips and you can have it opened up and take a look relatively quickly.

Yeah, I see there are four screws, and it looks like a number of clips. The biggest "issue" seems to be that I'd need to remove the 4WD knob. Looks like a PITA, but probably necessary.

Was hoping to just grope around. Good call on the diagram.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Yeah, I see there are four screws, and it looks like a number of clips. The biggest "issue" seems to be that I'd need to remove the 4WD knob. Looks like a PITA, but probably necessary.

Was hoping to just grope around. Good call on the diagram.
Removing everything holding the console in was easy, except for the wire that turns on the fancy little lights at the bottom of the cup holders. I never could get those loose and had to lay on the rear floor and jam my arm under there to fish the power port wire off and then back on. At one point I thought I was not getting my arm out :( . I was left w/ some nice scrapes.
removing the transfer case shifter knob isn't as hard as some say. Shift it to neutral, so its sticking straight up, kneel on the seat, grab knob w/ both hands and pull straight up. It pops straight off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts