Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking in to a full wrap (front fenders, rockers, corner guards) and I really like buying american but it's so expensive! I love metalcloaks full wrap but with out flares it's 1300 before shipping. Poison spyders is a little over 1500 before shipping and smittybilts is like 890 shipped. BUT.... Smittybilt is foreign..... :( I really don't like smittys front fenders either. What do you suggest as far as other brands and I'd love to see pics with prices of what you've got. Thanks again

·
Registered
873 Posts
Unfortunatley i think about all american made armor will cost upwards of 1000 bucks. Genright or t&t customs may be worth checking out but not sure of there prices.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would b more than ok with an American made full wrap sent to my door for 1000-1100. Metalcloak and PS are WELL over 1600 shipped tho.... Does savvy make full wraps? I do agree you get what you pay for but that extra 6-700$ could buy some currie arms or other goodies ;) how do you guys feel about doing the MC front fenders and smittybilt corners and rockers?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm guessing this "full wrap" you're talking about is simply just a collection of individual pieces. So yes, Savvy offers pretty much everything you're looking for except fenders. Metalcloaks fenders are fine, but I'm more a fan of the highline setups. That's just my personal opinion. The fenders Imped has are one of my favorites.

I'm not a big fan of Smittybilt, although some people are very happy running it. Personally I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and get something I know is American made and is quality. Once you see the thought and engineering put into the American stuff (a la Savvy) it's hard to suggest anything else. Obviously few people can afford to do it all at once, so I certainly wouldn't try to. Save up and do parts at a time. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Most armor pieces fit together, as long as they are the same thickness.

Like my rokmen alum. full corners match with my homebrew rockers, and im sure theyd go nicely with rokmen hi lines.

You dont need any real fancy sliders, thats where id spend the less money for the favt you can make some for less. Although savvys round edges are the bees knees.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm gonna go with metalcloak highlines, not the arched ones, with 4" flares and slowly add on to the body armor as money permits. I just ordered a Novak shifter cable and currie rear track bar so the rockers and corners will have to wait! Haha thanks again guys and wes, hopefully I'll have all my goodies on for the redbird trip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts