Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for shots of MC 2.5 springs and stock fenders and some height numbers.

I think I need MC 2.5 springs, that net me 3.5f/2.5 and an additional 1inch front spacer to offset the heavy front ARB bumper.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have the 2.5" Game-Changer with Falcon 3.3's and 35" KM2's. The tires are closer to a 33" though. I have zero rubbing at full flex but had to remove the plastic airdam and I believe if I had a full stock bumper it would rub, this is with 4.63" backspacing. I didn't take any before/after measurements.

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 2.5" Game-Changer with Falcon 3.3's and 35" KM2's. The tires are closer to a 33" though. I have zero rubbing at full flex but had to remove the plastic airdam and I believe if I had a full stock bumper it would rub, this is with 4.63" backspacing. I didn't take any before/after measurements.
You must have a sweet setup with those shocks. I like those but need to get new springs (only have spacers) to help hood the weight/keep my height after installing a ARB front bumper. Its bogged down the front end and drives weird, takes off not as fast.

I was interested in numbers for lift height (net), not worried aboiut tire stuff. I have KM2 33s (net is 32.5ish). I had MT classics 4.5 backspace and swapped those for Satas with 5.25 bs and like the tires not sticking out as much past the fenders.

I am trying to keep my hegight (not needing any specific hieght number) and keep the jeep level. Which for my jeep, I have always needed 2 inchs more in front then rear. I currently have 2.5 and .5 spacers and jeep is level. Then, added this ARB and its nosed dived.

So I need springs and good strong ones. I get MC 2.5 (nets me 3.5 in front, right?) and 2.5 in rear. So, I end up with 3.5f.2.5b, then I need add 1inch spacer in front to offset bumper weight. Still not sure how well MC springs will hold my weight, because I need more then 3.5/2.5 to be level.

I will add ARB rear bumper/hardtop at times but you know what I mean.

Trying to figure out how to do this. I email metalcloak to see if they could get me a 1.5 spring for rear today.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From that pic it looks like you got about .5 more in front then back (from top of tire to bottom of fender).

I need 1 inch more in front (measuring above the top tire to bottom of fender).

The hardtop must help that. So if you have MC 2.5 springs, you must have net that approx. 3.5/2.5 and then MC does hold it height well. I like that.

The ARB bumper is a weight.

·
Registered
946 Posts
From that pic it looks like you got about .5 more in front then back (from top of tire to bottom of fender).

I need 1 inch more in front (measuring above the top tire to bottom of fender).

The hardtop must help that. So if you have MC 2.5 springs, you must have net that approx. 3.5/2.5 and then MC does hold it height well. I like that.

The ARB bumper is a weight.
Yes, I would guess I net roughly 3.5/2.5 they seem to hold the weight well, I had the winch before the lift so don't know how much that made the front sag.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just installed it a few weeks ago. 2.5 GC with rocksport shocks. Need a front drive shaft for sure. Gained a little over 3.25" overall. Tires are a 285/75R16 (33). Looks great with 33's which means it'll look awesome with 35's. It's still basically stock aside from some audio mods. First post :) hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts