Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
PedroJr said:
Oh ic so what u guys recomend? I'm not goin to the extreme I'm gona have 33's for now so I'm not looking to get any bigger for now. Here is a few pics on my swap. Just cut the old brakets off.
I would go superior for the gears and invest in all new internals while you're at it.

Since you're also considering gears I would recommend replacing the stock carrier with a new full case locker since you'd need to replace the carrier anyways and the stock 8.8 carriers are the weak point of the axle.

M.O.R.E makes a bracket kit for the swap as well.

I would go superior for the gears and invest in all new internals while you're at it.

Since you're also considering gears I would recommend replacing the stock carrier with a new full case locker since you'd need to replace the carrier anyways and the stock 8.8 carriers are the weak point of the axle.

M.O.R.E makes a bracket kit for the swap as well.
OP, pay zero attention to this statement. Maybe if you were running 37s you should worry about the stock carrier, but not on 33s or 35s. The only reason I would upgrade the carrier is to get rid of the crappy stock LSD and go for a Detroit TruTrac, or a locker if that's what you want. Point is, don't go upgrading it because your scared you're going to break the stock carrier, because you're not.

If you haven't already look at ECGS for parts. I used Nitro Gears and ECGS master install kits and would highly recommend them.

freeskier said:
OP, pay zero attention to this statement. Maybe if you were running 37s you should worry about the stock carrier, but not on 33s or 35s. The only reason I would upgrade the carrier is to get rid of the crappy stock LSD and go for a Detroit TruTrac, or a locker if that's what you want. Point is, don't go upgrading it because your scared you're going to break the stock carrier, because you're not.

If you haven't already look at ECGS for parts. I used Nitro Gears and ECGS master install kits and would highly recommend them.
Hey, at that tire size he won't but he's going to be in their anyways and I'm sure he'd want to lock it eventually so why pay labor twice.

Derp said:
Hey, at that tire size he won't but he's going to be in their anyways and I'm sure he'd want to lock it eventually so why pay labor twice.
Well for now I'm gona stay on the 33's since that's what I got for now. I don't know about changin the whole carrier case, I was actually thinkin on just gettin new gears. But here is my think I don't know to either stay on my stock lsd that camr with the 8.8. Not goin to be off road as I would love to. I guess where comes the needs and the wants!!!!!. For now I'm gona stay on my needs plus budget wise.

Yep, balance a full case locker with gears verse keepin the LSD and gears.

I've got 4.10's and LSD in mine that's going in and itll stay that way for me till I go full case and 35's. I should be at 4.56 but for that small a gear jump its not justifyable to me.

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Ive heard the ears by the abs sensor mess with the sway bar, the other one you dont have to but i cut both off on mine, ill take some pics later today after i go to sleep, been so busy and no time to work on my 8.8 lately stupid 13 hour shifts kickin my butt

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Sorry took so long too many hours of work lately, but finished cleaning it all up today and primed to keep the rust off, once i get brackets all welded on it will be sand blasted and powder coated. but here some pics. Only bad thing was that nice rust band on the DS axle tube.. not sure why it rusted so bad there when nothing was mounted there.. oh and the tubes are welded but eh kinda looks like crap haha but there welded and axle is straight.

Attachments

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.