Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys picked my 2005 tj sport up on tuesday and I love it so far :thumb: i want my jeep to last as long as possible it only has 38,000 miles on it so i want to do some rust proofing on the frame. I got some light surface rust no holes and no soft points on frame so i was thinking of going this route. use eastwood internal frame coating and rust bullet for the rest. has anybody done this or used either product. por15 seems like a pita and rust bullet according to the site needs no prep work ive read alot on the subject and was going to use rustoleum rattle cans or zero rust but lot of people said they don't last. i live around pittsburgh pa and they pretty much throw salt on the roads like its free :banghead: i just want to do what i can so i can keep my tj as LONG as possible. Did i mention i love my jeep :D. Please throw out any and all opinions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
somebody out there has got to have some info on these products any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Off-road vehicle

i didnt have a chance to take my own yet but im going to get some soon but there she is...:punk: :dance: :D

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I would clean the undercarriage off really well, then sand off any rust spots you see, spray on bed liner or rubber undercoating. its cheap and easy to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts