Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 9 weeks and 5 days I finally got a text that my Jeep was at the dealers in Florence Alabama.

Ordered a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys on 9/13 in Florence, Alabama. It arrived in Nashville on rail on 11/7. It sat in Nashville until 11/17 when it was delivered by truck to my dealer. I picked it up yesterday, 11/19, and here's what I found as I inspected the Willys and signed the paperwork.

1. They honored the price I was given on 9/13 including the 1% Chrysler Affiliate discount. (I retired from GE and they are a Chrysler Affiliate company somehow?)
2. The build sheet I got online showed floor mat deleted but when I looked at the paperwork the dealer had, floor mat were included and were in fact in my Willys.
3. Instead of the 4 gallons of gas on my order sheet as part of the dealer prep, I had a full tank at no extra charge.
4. I was offered 0% financing for 36 months, then 1.9% for months 36 thur 48 and then 2.9% for months 49 thru 60.
5. I thought for sure I read Jeep furnished a cable to connect your phone to the media outlet for, in my case, Apple Car Play but there was no cable.
6. Owner manuals and a small tool kit were in the glove box.
7. As is the case most often, over half my fuses and relays were loose. I asked the salesman if in the prep the service dept checked for loose fuses or relays and he replied, "no why should they?" I said I'd like to check them and he quickly obliged. As he began pushing on the fuses and relays he said, "wow! I can't believe this, we won't let this get by anymore. Thanks for bringing this to my attention."
8. The air pressure in the tires was at 40 psi in the front and 42 in the rear. I looked on the sticker and it said they all should be 37. I adjusted them to that and the salesman made another note.
10. Everything else went smooth. We took an extended test drive of almost 20 miles, highway speed, up hills and thru the city etc. The Jeep handled great. I was very pleased.
11. The Finance guy offered me the MaxCare package, 7 years, 100K miles for $7k!! I just said, "No thank you about three or four times and he said "all right, I'm not gonna waste your or my time, let's sign these papers and get you on the road."

Good luck to all of you still waiting.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
Congratulations! Great looking Willys!

The 4-gallon note on the build sheet is simply to get the vehicle from the factory to the dealership. All dealerships are then encouraged by the automakers to fill up the tank before delivery, at dealers’ expense.

My understanding is that carpeted floor mats are standard on JL. Is that what you got? The all-weather mats are optional.

I buy new vehicles fairly often; I never get the phone cord included with the car.

Those are very competitive interest rates!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that what you got?
Yes and I replaced them with weathertec all weather type.
I buy new vehicles fairly often; I never get the phone cord included with the car.
Our daughter bought a Rav4 this past February and it had two really good cables included as well as our 2015 Highlander. I've looked and can't find where I got that info in the first place so I'm sure I was wrong about it. Just hoping they'd be a pair of cables similar to the ones in the Rav4.

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
Bamabww - what are you doing driving a Maroon vehicle? Gig 'Em

1. If you signed paperwork on 9/13 about the price, they are obligated to honor that price.
3. As Aldo has pointed out the factory puts 4 gallons in just to get it to the dealership, they then fill it up at delivery, at least my dealer always has, even on my '03 TJ purchased of their used car lot in 2014.
7. That's a new one on me, I will have to remember that. I did find one of their inventory trackers plugged into the OBDII port when I opened the door to leave in my Chief (4 years ago now). I pointed it out and the salesman removed it.
8. They always put excess pressure in the tires to make sure they are seated well. When I test drove my Chief, it was rough and when I checked the air pressure in the EVIC they were at 47, placard on the door jamb calls for 37. I actually run my 285/70R17s at 30. (After resetting the alarm threshold on the TPMS).
11. The MaxCare has really gone up. When I bought my lifetime MaxCare it was a little over $3K. Haven't had to use it yet, hope I never do.

Congratualtions on the Jeep.

Reactions: Bamabww

·
Premium Member
3,831 Posts
After 9 weeks and 5 days I finally got a text that my Jeep was at the dealers in Florence Alabama.

Ordered a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys on 9/13 in Florence, Alabama. It arrived in Nashville on rail on 11/7. It sat in Nashville until 11/17 when it was delivered by truck to my dealer. I picked it up yesterday, 11/19, and here's what I found as I inspected the Willys and signed the paperwork.

1. They honored the price I was given on 9/13 including the 1% Chrysler Affiliate discount. (I retired from GE and they are a Chrysler Affiliate company somehow?)
2. The build sheet I got online showed floor mat deleted but when I looked at the paperwork the dealer had, floor mat were included and were in fact in my Willys.
3. Instead of the 4 gallons of gas on my order sheet as part of the dealer prep, I had a full tank at no extra charge.
4. I was offered 0% financing for 36 months, then 1.9% for months 36 thur 48 and then 2.9% for months 49 thru 60.
5. I thought for sure I read Jeep furnished a cable to connect your phone to the media outlet for, in my case, Apple Car Play but there was no cable.
6. Owner manuals and a small tool kit were in the glove box.
7. As is the case most often, over half my fuses and relays were loose. I asked the salesman if in the prep the service dept checked for loose fuses or relays and he replied, "no why should they?" I said I'd like to check them and he quickly obliged. As he began pushing on the fuses and relays he said, "wow! I can't believe this, we won't let this get by anymore. Thanks for bringing this to my attention."
8. The air pressure in the tires was at 40 psi in the front and 42 in the rear. I looked on the sticker and it said they all should be 37. I adjusted them to that and the salesman made another note.
10. Everything else went smooth. We took an extended test drive of almost 20 miles, highway speed, up hills and thru the city etc. The Jeep handled great. I was very pleased.
11. The Finance guy offered me the MaxCare package, 7 years, 100K miles for $7k!! I just said, "No thank you about three or four times and he said "all right, I'm not gonna waste your or my time, let's sign these papers and get you on the road."

Good luck to all of you still waiting.
View attachment 4527905

You can easily add the extended warranty plan on later buying it from Clay Robbins for a lot less money. Clay got me an eight year Max Care 125k policy for much, much, less than 7k.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice Jeep! I had a similar experience last Friday. Full tank of gas (was expecting 4 gallons). I had purchased a set of relatively expensive floor mats (rubber or plastic not sure)... expecting none, but the Jeep was delivered with very nice looking cloth floormats. Perhaps I will keep the deeper plastic ones in during the winter lol..
A little concerned about the fuses. I'm going to pop my hood and check mine today. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
You can easily add the extended warranty plan on later buying it from Clay Robbins for a lot less money. Clay got me an eight year Max Care 125k policy for much, much, less than 7k.
Do you have a contact for Clay Robbins?

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
NM. Don’t want to post something that I may not be supposed to. Yes, my unlimited/$100 was a LOT less back in ‘15.
You can sent them a private message. Click on your avatar at the top of the page and then start a discussion with them as the only other party.

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
You can buy a MaxCare extended warranty from Tom Winkels for probably one-third of that $7K price your dealer quoted you. He's one of the popular sellers of it on the forums.

Tom Winkels
Finance Manager

Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008

Direct Contact Info:
[email protected]
269-385-1116

·
Registered
179 Posts
You will get inundated with e-mail and mail offers to purchase extended warranty. No need to get in a hurry on that front if extended warranty (insurance) is your thing. They don't kick in until primary warranty expires and can be purchased anytime.
Not quite snazzberry, but you can get good, colored USB cables to match or complement your interior on the big Ama..... site.
I did the 0%, 36 month financing a few months ago on my JLU. Did not want or need to finance but how can anyone resist free money.

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
While it is nice to not have the added expense of an extended warranty right off the bat, the longer you wait to buy it the higher the cost will be. The price jumps after the first 12 mo/12K miles and there are occasional price increases in the plans themselves. Also, there are some benefits that MaxCare provides right from the start while still covered under the factory warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,831 Posts
While it is nice to not have the added expense of an extended warranty right off the bat, the longer you wait to buy it the higher the cost will be. The price jumps after the first 12 mo/12K miles and there are occasional price increases in the plans themselves. Also, there are some benefits that MaxCare provides right from the start while still covered under the factory warranty.
Yup. Shop it now with both options above. My quotes have always been lowest with Clay but things change. I cannot vouch for other dealers but Clay is selling legit Mopar warranties.

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
Yes you will get inundated with calls and ads about extended warranty, but I would not trust any that are not Mopar. While the Mopar will be more expensive, it is recognized by your dealer (or any other dealer) while the third party warranties will not. To claim them, most of the time you have to pay the bill and then file a claim. I wouldn't trust a warranty sold by a telemarketer any further than I can throw it.

I had an extended warranty on my 2015 Sahara and when I traded it in on my 2017 Chief, I got a refund from FCA for the unused portion.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts