Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my JK was totaled after being broadsided by a distracted driver a little over a month ago. It was super bummed about it, that JK was almost my perfect vehicle. However given the crazy used market for wranglers right now the insurance payout was actually more than I paid for the JK a couple years ago, so I was able to order a new JL and, after about a month wait, I was able to take delivery of my new JL last night! Im really liking it a lot. I waa going through Jeep withdrawals for the past month so it feels like home.

Here is my JK that was totaled:

And my new JL (pic taken just off truck before dealer prep):

'21 JLR 3.6L, 6 speed MT, hydro blue, hard top (soft top on order), cloth seats, cold weather, basic safety, steel bumpers, tow group, LED group, hardtop headliner, stainless door sills, tailgate reinforcement.

I know there is a lot of complaints about the manual transmissions in these but I REALLY like it. Paired with the rubicon's 4.10s and 33" tires the gearing is perfect IMO. Clutch feel took a little getting used to, but 80 miles or so on the clock its just about second nature now.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
235 Posts
I have a feeling the withdrawal feelings will quickly pass... happy trails.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Nice! Glad you got back into a Jeep.

I, too, just got a JL Rubicon (Unlimited, though) with the manual transmission, and that sucker is SMOOTH.

Happy Jeeping.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,416 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations!

Love the hydro blue with the red accents btw.

·
Registered
2014 half door Anvil Rubicon
121 Posts
What's your impression of the used and new market right now? You'd mentioned used market is crazy, so maybe this is a good time to sell, something I've considered. Does it take a long time to acquire the new JL?

Like the blue, is that a color matched front bumper or a sleeve/cover on it? Not seen that before.

·
Super Moderator
10,416 Posts
What's your impression of the used and new market right now? You'd mentioned used market is crazy, so maybe this is a good time to sell, something I've considered. Does it take a long time to acquire the new JL?

Like the blue, is that a color matched front bumper or a sleeve/cover on it? Not seen that before.
The new and used markets are absolutely insane right now.

My 2018 JLU Sahara had an original MSRP of $50,000; I paid $38,000 + tax & license 16 months ago. Now with only 6,200 miles, it is worth $45,000 in trade.

The catch is, in order for me to get something comparable, I am looking to spend $55,000. And it is slim pickings out there.

You will be pleasantly surprised to find how much you can get for yours.

Factory orders are taking 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels. I paid $38k for my 2016 JKUR with 18,000 miles in 2018. I've put about $15k-$20k into it since. Maybe with the used/trade market this way, I can swap it in for a 392 and they will write me a check :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Yeah the new market is about what it always is, but used prices are crazy, finding used jk and jls even 5 years old are within striking distance of brand new prices, which is why I went for a new order. I usually go for used, but new just made more sense to me at this time. Ive heard of people getting crazy good prices from vroom and carvana, last couple months.

Time to get a new order will vary wildly. Youll get quoted 6-8 weeks. I actually had mine 32 days from order to delivery to the dealer. I think the 392 and 4xe are taking longer though.

Thanks, that bumper on the JK was color matched powder coated. I wanted the steel bumpers and could only find a 75th anniversary set locally for a really good price, but the bronze wasnt jiving with my blue/black motif, so I powder coated it, and figured I may as well do something a little different since the price would have been the same for black.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Congrats on the New Jeep, that blue color is one of my favorite offerings this year, its probably what I would pick if I was ordering a new one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all, no one was hurt in the JK accident luckily.

Keeping my JL fairly mild, stock height/wheels/tire size. Added maximus 3 reinforced SLP hoop, bolt hood lock, redline tuning hood lifters, gorilla lug nuts, rokblock guards, fender flare weatherstripping to keep little rocks from getting stuck in there, some interior storage space accessories (really dont like that the factory used the cubby space for the sub, I was perfectly happy with the side sub location im my '14, but oh well), also did wool wax undercoating and some cleaning/UV protection in and out.

I also got a ARB single compressor, trying to plan out where to mount it at.

This is her currently:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats. Waiting for my 2021 2DR Rubicon in Snazzberry. Also 6-speed manual with color matched hard top and fenders. Pretty much all the options you can get for a manual Rubicon. This is what it is supposed to look like with the half doors and premium uppers installed (comes with the full doors as well).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts