Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up the following on Friday. My wife and I have each driven it twice. Wondering about the price and just general thoughts. New here thanks

94,000 miles

Tachometer
Passenger Airbag
4WD Type - Part-time
Tilt steering wheel
Tow Hooks - 1
Air conditioning
3.8 liter V6 engine
Power steering
Front seat type - Bucket
Convertible occupant rollover protection
Intermittent window wipers
Cruise control
Stability control - With anti-roll control
External temperature display
Trip computer
2 Doors
Privacy/tinted glass
Convertible roof - Manual
Skid plates - 2
Traction control - ABS
Clock - In-radio display
202 horsepower
Rear bench seats
4-wheel ABS brakes
Center Console - Full with locking storage
Four-wheel drive
Front fog/driving lights
Compass

Comments: CLEAN CARFAX and LOCAL TRADE. Power Convenience Group, Alloy wheels, Power Locks, Power Windows w/Driver & Front Passenger 1-Touch, and Remote Keyless Entry.Be the talk of the town when you roll down the street in this outstanding 2008 Jeep Wrangler. You just simply can't beat a Jeep product.We will never be undersold!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, for $10,000 you could jump 7 years to brand new with no miles and full warranty and from what I hear a better motor...that's what it came down to for me and why I have one on order.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Too much money for those miles IMO. Plus, that's their asking price. Were you unable to negotiate below that?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I understand the new route. I went that way, but my Jeep is bare bones. If he wants all the power stuff that comes on that Sahara, he will pay 32-33k, which is twice the price he's paying if he goes used. Think of what he could do to his used '08 with $16k...Hemi convert? That sounds fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
16k for an '08 isn't a bad price though. I obsessively watch Autotrader and Craigslist, and never see a JK with under 100k for less than 16.

·
Registered
154 Posts
no matter which way you go you will get the itch and begin spending crazy $$$$ on mods. There is no way to save yourself once you bring it home:welcome::welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Too high. I spent 18,500 for an 08 Rubicon with 58k miles. Dealer had installed new 18" wheels and 35s all around as well. I think I may have robbed them a bit though.

BTW - an extra 10k, when you are looking at only spending 16k is a HUGE jump that not everyone is willing to take. For instance, I didn't. New may be better, but new is not always a financially sound decision.

·
Super Moderator
14,544 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I paid $17,800 for our 2008 Wrangler X, 2 door, that has power nothing and the auto transmission with 3.73 gears. That was 2 months ago here in Florida. But, our Jeep only had 34,000 miles. Buying new might be a better option but IMO, only for the warranty. I am pleased with my purchase.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Honestly with your budget I would get a prior to 06 rubicon with similar or less miles. The inline 6 is a better motor in my opinion over the 3.8L. Way too many persistent issues on here and other forums on the 3.8L.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts