Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have officially purchased a 2014 rubicon. 6 speed manual, tow package and power convenience package. This is my first ever new vehicle purchase. Always brought used in the past. This is my second jeep. First one is a 2004 TJ SE. So I'm going to notice a pretty big difference with a v6. I am picking it up tomorrow. I have some pics to show.

image-807260322.jpg

image-2084791122.jpg

I sold my TJ and pulled the trigger. My fiancé and I figured I needed a new car since we are moving in together and something reliable. While there was nothing big wrong with my TJ something always came up. I.E. Radiator, clutch, fans, headlights. Check engine lights. So it got to the point when it was like paying a car note and fixing something every month. Made since to put that money towards a new jeep. Since this is my first rubicon any pointers on anything? Lol. One thing I just found out about it is the electronic quick disconnect on the sway bar end links. Also when I was signing the paperwork the see guy told me that the new JK's come ready for install when the Diesel engines become available and that the dealer can put them in and it won't hurt my warranty. That has me really excited for if I ever want to upgrade.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice jeep :thumb: Highly doubt a salesman will have diesel information.
Well he was technically the finance guy who did my paperwork. I'm skeptical also but he sounded very sure of himself. I wouldn't be surprised. I work as a tech in a nissan dealership and the new titans are going to be diesel.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
You swallowed that hook hard.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Congrats! I'd be very skeptical of a finance guy telling you anything about your Jeep, highly unlikely that he would have info like that.

Really like the Anvil, nice choice!

·
Registered
844 Posts
That is wonderful, came from a 97 4 banger myself, you will find the shifting and pedal a lot different...especially starting on any type of hill, 30+ yrs of manual transmission and these JK's still get stalled once in a while. Congrads.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Love the pix! I'm waiting on an Anvil Willys I ordered five weeks ago and is now on the truck towards Georgia. Yours looks great. I have 6speed also, plus AC and tow pkg.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats and welcome!! :welcome: Just to clarify, your end links don't disconnect, the sway bar does by an electric motor. Pic below:
Oooooo so that's how it works. When I pick it up. I was going to put it on a fit to see exactly what disconnects.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is wonderful, came from a 97 4 banger myself, you will find the shifting and pedal a lot different...especially starting on any type of hill, 30+ yrs of manual transmission and these JK's still get stalled once in a while. Congrads.
It's funny you said that because I stalled on it. That clutch is touchy lol.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats! I picked up a new Rubicon in the same Anvil color in March but is the unlimited version. Love it so far!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Congrats! I bet your as excited as I am. Just placed my build to order this evening. I was in similar spot. I just slide over a curb and sign a about a month ago in my Pontiac G6 GT and split the bottom of the car open like a can of tuna. Anyways the car was deemed a right off and my wife and I decided as you and yours that seeing as I have never owned a new vehicle that the time was right this time.

Anyways here's my build.

Fully loaded Rubicon
Heated Leather, 730uconnect, a/c, tow package, body painted fenders and top, side impact, connectivity group, remote start automatic and it's black on black. I think the only options I didn't get were smokers group and the soft top. I have no use for it as The freedom panels will suffice as I don't think I'll be removing the top often and being in Canada the soft top is only good for a few months a year. Now the long wait begins.

Ps. The jeep pic is just a google grab of a 2 door rubicon with body matched top and fenders, exactly the way mine is coming.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
It's funny you said that because I stalled on it. That clutch is touchy lol.
Turn off Hill Start Assist. I learned that trick just the other day and the clutch is a lot less touchy with it off. You can always turn it back on if you want it for wheelin.

Check out youtube for a 1 minute video on how to turn on/off.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Turn off Hill Start Assist. I learned that trick just the other day and the clutch is a lot less touchy with it off. You can always turn it back on if you want it for wheelin. Check out youtube for a 1 minute video on how to turn on/off.

Going to do so. I was wondering about if that was the reason why. Had me looking like a novice with my fiancé in the jeep with me lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts