Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
i actually plan to upgrade my jksu from 2.5" lift with 33"s to 4" with 35"s. but the thing is, after reading lots of related threads here the general idea is to go 37"s with 4" lift and skip the 35s.
I know all the changes and technical consequences of the upgrades but the only missing part for me to take a decision, apart from the budget, is the esthetic side of it.
1- can someone please post photos of these 3 configurations side by side?
2.5 with 33s
4 with 35s
4 with 37s
Any 2 will suffice
2- can someone tell me exactly the amount of height to gain out of this upgrade?
thank you all

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
2.5 and 35's is pretty popular. Or 2.5 and 37's but with flat fenders.
It can get expensive over 3" so many people stay with LCG builds, especially with the JK.

Do you want listed lift heights or actual?

Here's my Jk with 2.5" coils but no bumpers/winch/tie carrier. Most lift manufactures coils are designed for weight.
So currently I'm near 4" of height.
35's but can easily do 37's with flat flares.

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome rig Kjeeper10, what i really need is the actual height to gain. if i go from 33 to 35, the actual height is 1 inch, plus the lift from 2.5 to 4, 1.5 inch, to gain a total of 2.5inches. I did the math you see, is it correct or am i missing something

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think 35's on a 2door jk is great but my 4 doors jk seems to swallow every inch of lift, that's why i'm trying to go up.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Mounah said:
i think 35's on a 2door jk is great but my 4 doors jk seems to swallow every inch of lift, that's why i'm trying to go up.
Agree.

4 door guys usually do 3.5 over 2.5 coils.

Lift heights are taken from the center of the axle. Tire size has nothing to do with manufacturers listed lifted heights.

Oh.... And thanks :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sueby said:
This is a friends 4 door with a 3.5 lift (prolly netter more like 4) and 35's. He takes his fenders off when he wheels it because they rub even with 35's.
So flat fender flares are an item to add on the ugrade list even with 35's... on a 3" of course

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I've got 35's on a 3.5 and I haven't rubbed. Yet. I have a 2 door & when the bumper gets here & the skids go back on I'm thinking it might. Actually I'm hoping it will. I just need a teeny tiny excuse to chop them. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts