Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just curious if there is anyone who is running a 2.5 inch lift that could post a photo of how it sits now and also offer some opinion as to how it does offroad. I know 2.5 inches isn't a huge lift, but was hoping it will still make it noticeably more capable than stock. Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
i was just curious if there is anyone who is running a 2.5 inch lift that could post a photo of how it sits now and also offer some opinion as to how it does offroad. I know 2.5 inches isn't a huge lift, but was hoping it will still make it noticeably more capable than stock. Thanks!
Oh contrar mo frar this is a 2.5 teraflex with rancho 9000's. And 35"Goodyear MTRs

image-3652043991.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh contrar mo frar this is a 2.5 teraflex with rancho 9000's. And 35"Goodyear MTRs

View attachment 2340601
That's still got a good bit of room under it for having 35s on it! That's a good looking jeep! The ground clearance was my biggest curiosity, looks like you gain a good bit. Nice Rig!

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's still got a good bit of room under it for having 35s on it! That's a good looking jeep! The ground clearance was my biggest curiosity, looks like you gain a good bit. Nice Rig!
Yes with that lift and flat fenders you could run 37's no problem. I wouldn't go much more than that. The front drive shaft angle will be really bad.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Here's my '12 with AEV 2.5" kit with GCB's and 315/70-17 Cooper S/T Maxx.
This kit works awesome! Handles better than stock and rides great.
The tires did hit the plastic air damn underneath in some offroad situations. No big deal to trim.
I would definitely buy this kit again.

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Here's mine with Mopar 2-inch Lift with Fox Shocks --which is really 3" in front and 2.f" in back.
passing off as a rubicon I see

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is mine with a 2.5 Rock Krawler XFactor kit, Bilstein 5100s, stock wheels with Duratracs. She has perfect street/highway handling. Taking her off roading for the first time next week. But I'm sure she will do just fine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is a 2.5" Teraflex lift with spidertrax 1.5" spacers, I have been really happy with it. For my needs, its all I require for off roading, and I definitely noticed a difference in what I could clear with it on the trails. The ride is good as well.

Attachments

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Here's 2.5" and Smittybilt SRC flares with 35" Falken Wildpeaks.

Here's the same lift and flares on our other Jeep with 33" Cooper Discoverer ATP's.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
2.5" Teraflex 33" Duratracs

I don't run a aftermarket rear bumper anymore so I re-gained some rear height then whats in these pics, but I do have a winch up front now, which surprisingly barely dropped the front.

Off road, zero complaints. I don't rub anymore like I did when it was stock height and 33's. For reference, same Jeep, same tires but stock suspension.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here is mine with a 2.5 Rock Krawler XFactor kit, Bilstein 5100s, stock wheels with Duratracs. She has perfect street/highway handling. Taking her off roading for the first time next week. But I'm sure she will do just fine.
Love the flat fenders.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts