Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my new toy, 2006 X with 70k mi. Finally thawing out in Cleveland, time to make it mine.

First: Has 31's now, no lift.
Want to go with 33's. 4WD guy said to do lift kit with springs, the works for about $500
Can I just put the 2" spacers and shocks? Really won't be doing much offroading.

Second: Thinking 6" flares. He wanted me to get the bushwackers for another$500. Worth it? I see off brands, brand new for about $200 that say they bolt right up.

Third (and last for now): I will have the doors off most of the time. Do I get the little springs to shut off the dome light, or the dome switch?

Thanks! Love reading about everyone's jeeps! Will post new pics when I finish with my first phase

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Try the pic again...

I think you should rethink the 6" flares though...very prone to ripping off while offroading. If you're set on them though, go with xenon's...much cheaper and very durable (i have 6" flat rears)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Make sure you research what brand lift he is recommending.
There is so much more involved then just adding springs and shocks.
A lot of people will recommend going with the zone 4.5 combo lift and that will run you between 700-900$ from what I've seen. Sets you up perfect for 33's.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Actually the Zone 4.25" Combo runs $529. You really need at least 3" for 33's, but many will do 2" springs or spacer and add a 1" Body lift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pic, again...hopefully!

Thanks, I thought I could get away with 2" spacers and throw 33's on since it has 31's with no lift, wishful thinking!?
Trying the pic again

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
Nice, clean ride! Congrats!
I agree with Dextreme! Depending on your budget, I would go one of those routes.

I pull the fuse when my doors are off.

·
Registered
510 Posts
if you're only driving street, you can get away with 2" spacers for 33s. It will though, also depend on the width of the tire and your wheel offset. If you go this route and you get scrub/rub, then go with the 1" body lift and you'll be good. Whatever you do, do not go with a big body lift. The $200 pocket flares work just as well as the Bushwhackers. This style is not great for off-road, but for mostly street, they're fine, look good and are cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts