Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
WHEW!!! Just got home from a long weekend of wheelin/ relaxing. It was quite nice, the temp was about 85 degrees. These pictures are from a trail called "Payette Draw" In Northern Arizona. I plan on going back on Memorial day weekend for some more fun.......:) Jeep worked great with no problems. In 2 of the pictures, I had a winch line attacthed (didnt use) because there was something about tumbling about 30 feet to the passenger side into a hole that didnt really exite me......:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great Pix

Looks like you had some good fun there. How are you liking your Rockrawler Xfactor stretched coilover set up? Would like to hear what you think of that kit. I am thinking about doing the same thing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Absolute,
Great looking Jeep.
I have never wheeled that part of AZ, but I have spent quite a bit of time on the trails around Parker. It is beutiful country.

I noticed you have your Baja Claws mounted in reverse.
Does this give you a better bite on the rocks or is there some other reason that I may not be aware of?

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Great pics, and looks like you had a LOT of fun! I am very jealous, but my first trip will be this coming weekend! Can't wait!

·
Registered
59 Posts
DesertYJ said:
I noticed you have your Baja Claws mounted in reverse.
Does this give you a better bite on the rocks or is there some other reason that I may not be aware of?
They say that running the Claws backwards gives you better traction on the rocks. Not recommended on the street as they won't self clean, but on the rocks they are awesome that way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
jeepsrus said:
They say that running the Claws backwards gives you better traction on the rocks. Not recommended on the street as they won't self clean, but on the rocks they are awesome that way.
That is pretty much what I figured.
With the beadlocks I was pretty sure it was a dedicated trail rig and not a DD.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
DesertYJ said:
That is pretty much what I figured.
With the beadlocks I was pretty sure it was a dedicated trail rig and not a DD.
Uh no, that rubber wouldn't last 2 months on the street. Those are competition Claws. They are so soft it's like rubbing chewing gum in your fingers.

Hey I thought you only had them on there backwards when we were running trails backwards? :D :flipoff: :D

Glad you had a good time up at the Draw. I hear you are still trying to get Dustin to hook up on Memorial Day? You know our ladies need the bathrooms when they are camping. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
1BLKJP said:
Uh no, that rubber wouldn't last 2 months on the street. Those are competition Claws. They are so soft it's like rubbing chewing gum in your fingers.

Hey I thought you only had them on there backwards when we were running trails backwards? :D :flipoff: :D
Uh duh, And those of us who do not personally know him, or have touched his gummi tires might not have known that; hence, the question. :flipoff:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ROFLMAO....Why cant I have 2 GIRLS fighting over touching my tires????? That would be the best...2 girls that could really appreciate the Mickey Thompson Competition Claw....:D I honestly dont think those tires would last 2000 miles out here in the AZ heat...... BUT they are the ABSOLUTE BEST purely offroad ROCK CRAWLING tire I have EVER used. Period. I will keep everyone informed on the life of them.....:)

DesertYJ said:
Uh duh, And those of us who do not personally know him, or have touched his gummi tires might not have known that; hence, the question. :flipoff:

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Absolute Offroad said:
ROFLMAO....Why cant I have 2 GIRLS fighting over touching my tires????? That would be the best...2 girls that could really appreciate the Mickey Thompson Competition Claw....:D I honestly dont think those tires would last 2000 miles out here in the AZ heat...... BUT they are the ABSOLUTE BEST purely offroad ROCK CRAWLING tire I have EVER used. Period. I will keep everyone informed on the life of them.....:)
And let me guess, they are only available to competitors...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts