Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a JVC kw-nt3hdt in my '11 sport. I was hoping to see someone elses aftermarket install to see how flush theirs sits against the dash. Mine seems to not look like the stock touchscreen on top and bottom.

ForumRunner_20141110_135435.jpg

ForumRunner_20141110_135503.jpg

ForumRunner_20141110_135607.jpg

·
Registered
295 Posts
My wife ordered me a similar JVC unit to replace my factory HU (non-navigation if that matters). It will be my Christmas gift and I am hoping to start installing it right after I open it. My question is: did you need a wiring harness, and if so which one? I've installed several stereos and splicing wires together is no problem, I just want to know what I'm getting into when I open up the dash. Dash kit already ordered also, but that can be changed if there is a better one to get. TYIA

BTW, I think that looks great!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I had to buy a special harness. I didnt opt for the steering wheel controls so it was alittle cheaper. The harness was the most expensive part. The mounting brackets werent alot. You ll have to get an antenna adaptor. Installation was pretty easy. I found a video online on taking the dash apart. If you've put stereos in before this isnt any harder.
For whats its worth the gps is well worth the extra money. We travel alot to watch our sons band and it comes in handy

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Here's mine but its a Pioneer. Do you have the right install kit? Mine sits pretty flush. Seems like a install kit problem or maybe the set of mounting holes you chose to use.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That does not look right to me, is there a bracket or harness or ducting or something pushing the back of the HU down?
Nothing that I could see. Im going to take the dash apart this week to double check. I just wanted to see if what I was seeing was normal.

·
Registered
720 Posts
This is mine with the detachable face removed. It's nice & flush.

My audio build thread (link in sig) has more pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts