Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had installed a sound system in my TJ that I still have and want to install it in my JK. The head-unit was a Pioneer DEH-5100. It fit really nicely in the TJ dash, but with the JK's there is a larger area to fill. Does anyone have pics of their HU thats not a navigation screen etc?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Heh, it's my go to piece at work for anybody coming in looking to do up audio in a wrangle or other convertible. I put some JL C2-650s in there and the sound is fantastic!
I have the C3's front & rear all I need now is the stealthbox then I'll be happy. :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the C3's front & rear all I need now is the stealthbox then I'll be happy. :D

We (my audio guys, not me) tried putting the stealthbox in a 2012 JKU and had a hell of a time since it was made for the pre-2011s. They might have changed it. I still have to swap out a sub and get a good amp in there but will do that after my lift and tires. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mckron said:
This is the Pioneer AVH-8400, removable face plate without NAV. I really, really like this deck.
That looks really nice. Anyone have pics of a slimmer head unit that doesn't fill the whole area? I'd post a pic of my head unit to show you what I'm talking about but I don't know how.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Kenwood DNX-6180-HD with Rear Cam

·
Registered
894 Posts
Looks like lots of peeps going with the double DIN HU which looks amazing.

I went with a Pioneer DEH-P9400BH single DIN unit. One reason was I wanted a cubby slot under the HU for wallet and phone storage. The other was a removable face for theft/scumbag protection.

Plus this unit has everything I needed including 3 sets of pre-outs (f, r and sub), BT, EQ, HP/LF filters, Sirius ready (had everything else) and multi-color LED display.

Only pic I have is semi-installed.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I'm almost tempted to go with a new head unit. It would make things so much easier. But....I'll stay strong (for now).

New speakers...polyfil.....headliners...call it a day.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
It's worth it, trust me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where do you get the mount with the cubby from? The HU I have already is a single DIN, fit great with my TJ but there is a lot more space with the JK's.

Any more pics of single DIN headunits out there?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
^^^ I think that head unit look horrific.
head units in general look awful. This has a large center knob that sort of mirrors the vents. $180 with built in Bluetooth who cares.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The one thing that I hate about after market HU is that nasty filler space with the adapter plate on each side that just screams cheap plastic. Had an aftermarket touch screen nav HU in my Ram and it drove me nuts every time I looked at it. Looks like someone could make a HU that fills the opening from edge to edge like the factory units do.

That Clarion is a nice sounding HU I put one in my daughters Mustang for xmas gift. The leds have tons of colors to choose from.And I do agree the round nob in the center does go well with the JK vents.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts