Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to decide to go fenderless or not,,can anyone post up pics of them for me please,,

im about ready to tear mine down and start my build and --dang it,s hard for me to decide on what to do--sooo many great way,s you can go,,

i already have a 4 inch suspension lift and 33,s and mine is a d&d with is off road as much as at the least on...,,,i use mine as a minnie truck alot by hauling in firewood,and anything else i can stuff in the back , i wheel on steep pipelines and blaze my own trails on my land.

sorry for my rambling,,i got carried away---jeeps--

anyway thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
You have to have fenders if it's a DD. You can get a nice sized ticket if you don't.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not where i live, no probs. with the law.and i dont drive it that far and never will..

thanks for the heads up though

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
ive been running fenderless for about a year now, only sucks when its wet and decides to freeze, also funny. btw Xpress it depends on your state/ city. i drive mine daily 30 miles each way for work through 4 technical cities and have never once had an issue

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
my buddy ran fenderless for a while in NY (illegal) never had a problem. made his 31x10.5" tires look super wide lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
94' YJ I6 5spd 4' lift 31x10.5R15 locked in the back with a spool. In Wisconsin its illegal to have tires that stick out 2' from fender ...so I'm like 4 inches over that. But only DOT Stops you. State patrol, county, and city don't care.

Mines a DD, but the locker is actually a spool..so its ALWAYS engaged. Makes the tires howl and chirp when turning.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for taking your time to post up your pics., --they look great--

im thinking about pulling my front fenders and making a stubby bumper..and making a half cab ,,----hardest part of this build is decideing which route to go,,,,i really need a few more yj,s----lol

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
BAP said:
thanks for taking your time to post up your pics., --they look great--

im thinking about pulling my front fenders and making a stubby bumper..and making a half cab ,,----hardest part of this build is decideing which route to go,,,,i really need a few more yj,s----lol
I want to do the half can so bad. A jeep yard here has the top and bulkhead for the half can but idk how to go about the cage

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was actually talking fenderless,,,but i like the look of the flareless too...

thanks CharTay.---i would like to see some close up pics., if you have any and it would,nt be to much trouble to post them for me,,i would be very greatful...

and i will check out your thread jojojepp1..--thanks..

if anyone else has pics. would sure like to see them..

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
BAP said:
i was actually talking fenderless,,,but i like the look of the flareless too...

thanks CharTay.---i would like to see some close up pics., if you have any and it would,nt be to much trouble to post them for me,,i would be very greatful...

and i will check out your thread jojojepp1..--thanks..

if anyone else has pics. would sure like to see them..
When i did mine be sure to have good lines and I used a grinder an cut off wheel worked good hardest part was getting it all nice and straight but a buffing wheel helped out a lot also a 110 wire feed welder to weld sheets of metal together not need but makes the finish look more factory I cant stress enough about the lines I ended up cutting into the tub in the rear had to weld it back up my brother layed it out a little off... but not to bad only a slice quick weld up and some buffing and good to go paint the edges to! Or they could get rust!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks , i have the welder,s , im curious about how to fab up the innear liners, i do want a nice clean look not just a hacked off...

thanks again

1 - 20 of 22 Posts