Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:

So, for those of you waiting, in D1 status, in KZ status, on rail cars, etc - allow this to satisfy your cravings until your Jeep arrives.

Got mine yesterday. I ordered on 6/29 and it arrived at Fields on 8/2 - that's pretty impressive.

'12 JKU Sahara - Bright White. Leather, Dual Top, Remote Start, Nav, Side Bags, LSD, Tow Group.

Here are some pics of it with my other cars. As you can tell, I like toys. Each serves a unique purpose.

The Lotus is my sports car. Nothing like a supercharged mid engine RWD sports car that weighs less than 2,000lbs! I drive it all summer long, on spirited drives and about 6 track days a year.

The '69 Mini Moke is pure joy. Just an absolute blast with the kids. It's basically a clown car! I bring it up to my lake cottage and bang around on it. Fun fun fun. I'll be doing a full resto on it this winter.

And of course, now my Jeep. It's family fun for now, but I'll start doing some offroading with my buddy who is a hard core Jeeper with a big ol' lifted CJ and a 75 acre property to do it on!

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More...

More...

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW - will be heading up to a family picnic on a lake system in Northern Illinois on Sunday. I can't drive the whole family (wife, 3 kids) in the Moke, so I flat tow it. Will be absolute blast flat towing the Moke behind the JKU!

Not sure if you can make it out, but my plate on the Moke is 'GOOGL IT' - the number one question I get is 'what the hell is that thing?'. I explain it and then I say 'google it'. So there ya go!

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts
I love that Mini Moke! If I towed that behind my Jeep I'd have to put a dummy back there like he's driving. Make it look like it is shooting a gun at me from around the windshield or something.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, you've just given me an idea!

The Moke is an absolute BLAST. Like I said, it's a clown car. I drive it through the subdivision and kids literally RUN to get rides. Every time I take it out, I probably wind up giving 15 different kids rides.

Someone said it the best - 'It looks like a Jeep raped a golf cart!'

I think I'm gonna put a dummy or blow up doll or something in there. The guy that I bought it from has like 10 different Mini's in various state of repair. He's got a '64 Cooper S that is done up with the Union Jack. When he flat tows it or at car shows, he has cutouts of Austin Powers and Mini Me in it. Fun!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Nice rides, I'm jealous. I've wanted a Lotus exige ever since I saw one for the first time. Im sure its a blast as a dd. Of course I wont be without a Wrangler ever now that I know what its like to own one.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice rides, I'm jealous. I've wanted a Lotus exige ever since I saw one for the first time. Im sure its a blast as a dd. Of course I wont be without a Wrangler ever now that I know what its like to own one.
Yes, the Elise is pure driving joy. Really nothing else out there like it. Truly a go kart with a body kit! I was hooked the first time I got behind the wheel. It was the first 'sports car' I ever bought and has changed my world - from track days to spirited drives, but really on my outlook on cars in general. I probably wouldn't have the Jeep if I never had the Lotus. Basically, I wanted the same 'god damn, this is fun' feeling driving my daily with family in tow as I do when it's just me bopping around in the Elise. The Jeep gives me that feeling. I'll admit, I'm a point zero when it comes to offroading, etc, but everyone's gotta start somewhere. Picked the Jeep up yesterday and took the family - me, my 7 year old twin boys, our 22 month old son and my wife (currently on crutches) out for ice cream. Top down, windows down, music blasting, beautiful 82 degree night. Who can ask for anything more? That to me, is driving joy! Life really is short. Have fun with what you drive. Now, with the Jeep, I dont' feel that I have a let down when I go from the Elise to 'family' car. I go from one kinda fun to another kinda fun! Love it!:thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got an Elise & a JKU as well. Isn't it a wonderful decision to make every morning as to which you will take? As much fun as the Elise is, I have been surprising myself with how often I choose the Wrangler. Both so much fun in very different ways. I've got the top & doors off the Jeep right now, and was wishing the Elise doors came off as easily. I think it would look really nice dooress =D
-Sky

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Looks like a 2011 or 10. Need pics of the differences. The outside looks the same as any other JK on the road.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:facepalm:
You didn't get the memo? People are so chuffed about the Pentastar that they mounted on the OUTSIDE of the hood.

I guess the dealer screwed me and gave me a 2010! :rofl:

All kidding aside, to the poster who typed that - the difference is the engine. That's under the hood. That you can't see in the pics. The rest, as far as I can tell, is exactly the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts