Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Jeep home on Saturday.
1994 4.0 5spd
140k miles
Listed at $3500, grabbed it for $2800.
Needs a rear wheel cylinder to make it road ready.

I cant leave sh!t alone, so I ordered a ton of parts.
Full brakes, rear and front.
Full tune up.
Misc. gaskets.
New fluids/filters.

Getting ready to order a lift kit to replace the stock flat springs and worn shocks.
I found this kit: Rough Country Jeep YJ Wrangler 4" Lift Kit YJ with SYE Kit 1310 CV Driveshaft | eBay

Looks like a complete setup? I dont plan on wheeling much, but def want to lift it.:confused: Also appears to have a small body lift.

Anyone have a lead on a hard top they want to sell? Mine has a crack in it, and needs a window resealed, and doesnt have rear defrost. Wouldnt mind an upgrade to replace this one.

Oh yeah, just ordered two quarts of Por15, their rust prep, and a gallon of Herculiner to do the interior. :punk:

Took me a while to find the right Jeep. I didnt want 200k miles, no 2.5L's, minimal rust, no hack job projects. This one is pretty close to stock, and the frame/tub are pretty rust free. But the axle housings and the suspension components are rusty. Pretty easy fix.

Gonna roll it into my shop after the hurricane blows through and start the cleaning and tear down. Think I may powerwash the chassis prior to starting the work.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I think I got a good deal.
If you had to pay someone to fix all the brakes, and redo the front end, probably not worth the price.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody use that SYE and CV shaft combo?
I see that some guys say an SYE is not needed with a 4", just a TC drop.
Others say a CV shaft is the only way.

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It's not needed with the shims between the axles and leafs and the transfer case drop, but it is something you'll probably want to consider in the future. the CV/SYE will just make for a smoother happier drivetrain. not to mention you can move your tcase back up and regain that lost ground clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts