Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen most mounting options but would like to see what 3/4/5' antennas look like mounted. Most people who post their pics do not tell the length it seems. I am thinking of a spare mount 4 or 5' firestik. Problem is I am in Boston parking garages often. :banghead:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would love to show you but I ordered my Wilson Flex from Amazon 2 weeks ago and its still on back order pretty much everywhere :banghead: went with the 3ft one because I also park in garages, ill be mounting mine behind the spare with the rugged ridge CB mount

·
Registered
71 Posts
Okay, I can't answer your question as I haven't got the JKUR yet. However, I have some experience with CB antennaes in a parking garage. I'll just say the the CB antennae broke several light fixtures in that hotel garage where I was staying. It was attached to the rear bumper of a lifted Nissan Hardbody and was only a bit higher than the cab.

I have seen most mounting options but would like to see what 3/4/5' antennas look like mounted. Most people who post their pics do not tell the length it seems. I am thinking of a spare mount 4 or 5' firestik. Problem is I am in Boston parking garages often. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to show you but I ordered my Wilson Flex from Amazon 2 weeks ago and its still on back order pretty much everywhere :banghead: went with the 3ft one because I also park in garages, ill be mounting mine behind the spare with the rugged ridge CB mount
Do you know what the total height will be after it is mounted? I would go estimate now but I am at the office. :whistling:

Okay, I can't answer your question as I haven't got the JKUR yet. However, I have some experience with CB antennaes in a parking garage. I'll just say the the CB antennae broke several light fixtures in that hotel garage where I was staying. It was attached to the rear bumper of a lifted Nissan Hardbody and was only a bit higher than the cab.
The garage I usually park in has an 8' ceiling I believe. I wish I paid more attention to garage ceiling signs recently. Perhaps a whip will be a better idea instead of a Firestick 2?

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I don't have it installed since I just got the CB and my Jeep is getting work done but I am going with a 3' Firestik mounted on my tire carrier. It has a mount for it.

-Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I ordered mine, I got a HD spring, and a quick disconnect for it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool Beastmaster. Now that I think of it I may need only a 3'. I read that standard procedure is at least 1/3 of your antenna should be over the roof line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts