Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
I tried the windshield down once and never again. I was going down the highway minding my own business when a junebug hit me in the forehead at 65 mph. I thought I had been shot! I had to pull over for a few minutes to regain my composure. It wouldn't be to bad on the trails but not on the open road.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I tried the windshield down once and never again. I was going down the highway minding my own business when a junebug hit me in the forehead at 65 mph. I thought I had been shot! I had to pull over for a few minutes to regain my composure. It wouldn't be to bad on the trails but not on the open road.

LMAO!!! :rofl: Sorry.... just had a visual from passerby standpoint.... HAHAHA!!!!

OUCH!!!! I feel your pain... I used to get nailed in SOCAL on my GSXR 750 before the helmet law enforced.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
03Ruth said:
Hahaha,
I remember this happening back in my USCG days...gotta love night rescues....going fast and a lake full of bugs...they loved our blue lights and search lights.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Theres mine, I think its funny how "enclosed" it feels even with the doors off after a week of no windshield

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I love hitting a drive through completely open, ha

·
Registered
130 Posts
bad arse!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hilarious! I cant believe you got on the freeway with the windshield down. I did once just to do it and only drove around the neighborhood

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Cops don't bother you for having the windshield folded. I always want to do it but I'm afraid of getting pulled over
Technically by definition its not a windshield, its a windscreen. It is legal to drive without a windscreen even if it was provided by the factory, thats how motorcycles can go without.

ALSO

If you just fold it down, its still there, just in a down position. Legally the same as rolling down your side windows.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
lol, I have never hit the highway sans windshield...
I have been tempted to do so with my motorcycle helmet though

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
obidya said:
lol, I have never hit the highway sans windshield...
I have been tempted to do so with my motorcycle helmet though
I did it with a motorcycle helmet. I got some weird looks and a couple pics taken but it worked great

1 - 20 of 39 Posts