Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I have been searching high and low for pics of a JKU Sport with either the mid-width bumper or the stubby bumper AND stock wheels/tires. I can talk the wife into the bumper, but new rims and tires are going to have to wait a while. I love the look of "the combo." I have an SPOD and some Rigid Dually's on order. I've been looking at a TFBudget boost, but I want to see how far it dips with a bumper before I buy a lift. Anyway, if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Greetings,
I have been searching high and low for pics of a JKU Sport with either the mid-width bumper or the stubby bumper AND stock wheels/tires. I can talk the wife into the bumper, but new rims and tires are going to have to wait a while. I love the look of "the combo." I have an SPOD and some Rigid Dually's on order. I've been looking at a TFBudget boost, but I want to see how far it dips with a bumper before I buy a lift. Anyway, if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.
are you buying a spod just for the duallies? if so, dont bother. if you really want the new wheels/tires, scrap the electric and go for the things that matter.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
No I have plans for more lights & a winch later on. This is phase one.
again, are you doing anything with these lights or just for looking? shoot if youre not even going to use them (sorry making assumptions on the 2012 -> 2013 hop) you can just buy the lights and not wire them in, since none of them are legal for on road use. i mean the stock tires make due as well, i just think tires/rims do alot more to change the look than a set of lights do

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Just got home from the Avett brothers concert.
JAP0029 Those are good picks. I was looking for a sport with the SRA tires, but it helps. I am keeping my eyes on craigs list for some Rubi take offs. I do not need tires and rims I just want them.

SNECK I live in north Alabama and have properties in Southern TN that I wheel on. One is river bottom and low land & the other is hills and some small rocks. Almost all my driving is rural area with a heavy deer population. I don't need tires to wheel where I wheel. I just want to go bigger for looks. The stockers look too small to me on a JKU. The wife will sign off on bumper and lights as a safety upgrade, but buying new tires when it has 5 good tires on it is a no go for her. I know when to pick my battles. The lights will be used on a regular basis. I would not spend that kinda coin on looks. If I wanted looks I'd go down to wally world or Auto zone and buy some to bolt on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts