Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I've had enough of the idling issues and want to do the "nutter Bypass." I understand the wiring but with all the threads I can not find a simple diagram with pictures showing how to re-route the vac lines. I'm learning as I go with this thing and have learned already from this site. The thread showing the wiring with pictures was awesome and very helpful. Does anyone know of a thread that does this for the vac lines and if not can someone post some with instructions? Thanks a ton. I'm sure I'm the idiot who hasn't found this type of thread but it's kicking my butt looking for it.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
google "nutter bypass" for some diagrams.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done the google thing. I have been on several sites and now have the same picture instructions like on the wiring.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fweakly thanks. If I follow the top diagram on that page will I be okay? I take it the lines shown in it are all vac lines? Again thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just read the thread Fweaky provided and there is some dispute on if this is a correct way or not. Can anyone clarify?

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Fweakly thanks. If I follow the top diagram on that page will I be okay? I take it the lines shown in it are all vac lines? Again thanks.
You should be fine. I did the bypass a few years ago but it was on a 84 CJ. I plugged everything except the PVC, brake booster, and vacuum advance canister. Shouldn't be a problem following that diagram. Check the lines you keep closely for cracks or damage.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I used the same diagram to redo all my vacuum lines. The only problem was that it disconnected the vacuum lines for the front differential. Here are the 4wd shift lines and where they go.

(blue line) Leave hanging, it has a check valve on it which gets hooked to nothing.
(red line) Hooks up to a good constant vacuum source off of the manifold.
(green line) goes to the shift motor on the front axle. Horizontal on the shift motor.
(black soft vacuum hose) goes to the plug on your firewall by the battery for the 4wd indicator on the dash.
(yellow line) goes straight to the shift motor; one of the lines that goes into a two line plug verticle on the shift motor.
(black hard line) goes with one of the yellows to the shift motor. Plug located vertically on top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts