Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post pictures of their hood louvers (vents) please? Poison Spyder comes to mind but I don't want a spider logo on my hood.

Looking at the 10A hood is nice but expensive. What are other ways to get a functional heat extract hood on a JK?

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poison Spyder the only ones available for Jk?

What happens to the underhood sound blanket?

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Daystar makes vents that have a similar "appearance" to the PD Hood.

AEV makes a hood as well but you mentioned price so......

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Not feeling the Daystars.
Daystar makes a nice cowl scoop addition for $370 if I remember correctly that looks pretty good and you can leave it black and do it all yourself. There is a youtube video also. One of our members pastorscott has it with pics if you search. I just ordered a 10A hood and it should get to the body shop tomorrow. Was just over $800 with decals and I figure another $4-$5 for paint.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered a 10A hood and it should get to the body shop tomorrow. Was just over $800 with decals and I figure another $4-$5 for paint.
See, that makes the Poison Spyder louver very attractive. I wonder if they will cut one without the spider logo? :tomatoes:

·
Commercial Member
295 Posts
Here are a few that we did vinyl wraps on. I Posion Spyder & Crawler Concepts.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is the X anniversary hood, the vents don't do much but I like the way it looks. I did also added this scoop, it actually works!! Also keeps leaves and stuff out of the vent.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You don't see the logo unless you look for it.
You would on my mojave sand jeep unless I painted the part of the hood under the spider black. The light tan color of mojave sand would make the spider pop otherwise.

My jeep pic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My jeep isn't lifted so you don't have to be very tall to see a spider.

I agree the PS louvers are the best looking and appear very functional also.

I called PS and they only cut the louver one way. It's done in-house but they won't change it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Rugged ridge and Hyline also make one. I have poison spyder. It looks great, works well but I don't care for that cheesy logo they put on it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts