Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OBD2 Bluetooth plus Torque application

Trying to determine the PID for transmission temperature, did research and found one source for an 06 Grand Cherokee with the following settings that did not work:

PID: 2118
header: 7E1

these did not work for my 06 TJ Rubicon. Any one have this information?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The listed settings did not work for me. Trying these settings after more research:

PID: 2172
OBD Header: 7E1

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Don't recall anyone getting useful
OBD2 tranny temp info on a TJ

I think unlimited tried for awhile and was addressed an old thread

The GC is a completely different slushbox

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
×2 ^^^^^ & to add to it, the only time a tj's trasmission should be getting worrisome hot is if it's rock crawling in in a hot climate. The only vehicles that really need a temp gauge is one that's designed to tow ( which a Tj is not ).
If you want to be Proactive and actually put your time to good use, install a tranny fluid cooler on it & don't worry about it anymore. That's what I did.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,472 Posts
×2 ^^^^^ & to add to it, the only time a tj's trasmission should be getting worrisome hot is if it's rock crawling in in a hot climate. The only vehicles that really need a temp gauge is a something that's setup to tow things ( which a Tj is not ).
If you want to be Proactiveand actually put your time to good use, put a tranny fluid cooler on it & don't worry about it anymore. That's what I did.
X2, same here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts