Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to lift my JK approximately 2". I recently added 18/59 springs which did lift my 2dr JK a couple of inches but it rides harsh even with the rubicon shocks.

I am wondering if I can change the springs with some RK or synergy springs then when I can save up some money just keep adding suspension parts until I have what I want/need.

Can I just get the 2" springs from synergy or 1.5" springs from RK now and wait on the other components and upgrade as I go? I figure this will limit my travel while off wheeling and I am ok with that since I off road in FL and there are very few off chamber places where I go.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Definitely recommend looking at the Rancho 2 inch sport lift with 9000xl shocks. It has front lift springs and a rear spacer and 4 9000xl adjustable shocks. Amazon has it for $356 and there is a $50 rebate thru June 30th. I'm goin with Teraflex rear 1.5 inch springs instead of the spacer in the rear. With the Ranchos you can dial in your shocks to your liking. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
If you only lift about 2 inches you'll probably be ok with just springs and shocks. If you go much higher you'll need more components to make it right.
check out the newbies guide to lifting the Jk in the the Jk tech forum for all the info you can imagine.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Definitely consider the RK 1.5 Triple rate coils.

The Rubi coils/shocks are somewhat stiff so the RK will help ride quality but don't expect miracles. You will appreciate the stiffness off road. It's a Jeep. :)

You can keep but the stock shocks but check the sway bars links.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I pieced together a full 2.5 inch lift to build on my 2 inch Rancho kit. It works pretty well. Details are in the link in my signature. Your needs would be similar.

Mike

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Footpegs, looks damn good. Time for some bigger tires. :) Let me know.

Cody, there you go, pics. Let me know if you want some springs.

-Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts