Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help - what should I do to make the pinch seam look better or disappear?

It doesn't need to cut or bent - as clearance is fine for the rear tires.

The pinch seam just seems to really stand out now with nothing covering it and the open holes in it after Rocky Ridge installed the custom side steps with their K2 package.

Just unable to come up with a solution and thought...I know people who can.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I too have been wondering what could be done to clean those things up? I'm wondering if the power side steps would cover them while they are retracted? Haven't personally seen any installed.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Paint it black so it blends in with the frame and steps.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
There are other threads here about covering the pinch seams.....Not sure who posted them.
Seems like there are actual pinch seam covers that bolt on....Keep searching.... I think one of the Forum advertisers posted about the covers as they sold them.....

"BH"

·
Super Moderator
21,984 Posts
Bushwacker makes a cover. I just hit mine with plasti-dip but really need to hit it with bed liner.

·
Super Moderator
21,984 Posts
add mopar rock rails
Many real rock sliders will not let you use rubi rails. LoDs wont. I had ACE and used them but I did not like the Ace ones so sold them and the rubi rails. ultimately paint is much lighter too :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I too have been wondering what could be done to clean those things up? I'm wondering if the power side steps would cover them while they are retracted? Haven't personally seen any installed.
Not sure about your question to my question, but thanks all the same.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plasti-dip or black vinyl. Cheap, easy to remove and makes it disappear. Vinyl is easiest.
Paint it black so it blends in with the frame and steps.
There are other threads here about covering the pinch seams.....Not sure who posted them.
Seems like there are actual pinch seam covers that bolt on....Keep searching.... I think one of the Forum advertisers posted about the covers as they sold them.....

"BH"
Thank you all

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
147 Posts
Timely question. I removed the factory rails because the wife needed a better step to get into the JK, so I installed Smittybuilt rails. However, they installed differently...leaving the pinch seam holes exposed. I simply bought some black flange-head bolts and nuts and put one into each hole. Looks good and is a cheap fix. I will try to take a pic later and post it so you can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Timely question. I removed the factory rails because the wife needed a better step to get into the JK, so I installed Smittybuilt rails. However, they installed differently...leaving the pinch seam holes exposed. I simply bought some black flange-head bolts and nuts and put one into each hole. Looks good and is a cheap fix. I will try to take a pic later and post it so you can see what it looks like.
That would be great, thank you very much !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts