Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 JKUR whose stock tires have about 15K good miles left on them so it's getting time for me to start seriously considering lift options to fit 35s.

Since I'm wheeling on a budget I'm looking to pick up the 2.5" Teraflex coil lift. I know with that lift/tire combo I'm required to trim the pinch seam. I'm kind of a Nancy when it comes to cutting up my darling Jeep(I can't even bring myself to cut the roll bar foam for my CB speaker.) This fear will probably go away as soon as I install the lift... Hopefully.

My question is: if I installed a 1.25" body lift on top of the 2.5" coil lift will I be able to avoid cutting the seam and rock rail to fit 35" tires?

I'm pretty sure the answer is that I will have to cut it and it has probably already been answered here but my Google-Fu sucks worse than my grandmas. Sorry if it has...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I can't view your picture. I have an earlier 2013 that doesn't have a factory trimmed pinch seam. Even the stock sized tire almost touches that knife like pinch seam when tucked.

·
Premium Member
7,467 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't view your picture. I have an earlier 2013 that doesn't have a factory trimmed pinch seam. Even the stock sized tire almost touches that knife like pinch seam when tucked.
They started trimming it at the factory around December, 2012. Our 2013 JK has a December, 2012 build date and it was already trimmed when it arrived at the dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty sure it's both. Either way I want to avoid trimming both if I can which seems unlikely.

On a side note, I really need to break out the pressure washer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
2013 with 2.5" teraflex coil lift and 35" and i didn't trim pinch seam. When i move to 37" then i will have to trim those.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem. I'm on my phone as well trying my damnedest to figure out how to attach things. I do a lot of reading forums but not much posting.

I may just have to get the body lift when the time comes to try it out myself. The extra fender clearance would be nice until I get new ones anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moonrider, does your pinch seam look like mine or RoadiJeff's? Everything I've read says the seam and rail rub the tire with flexing when it's like mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's promising news! Do you have any pictures of how close it is when the tire is tucked into the fender flare or just resting in the driveway? I'm not picky lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome, thanks! I can't zoom in well enough to see anything. That's a good looking jeep though. I really like those fastback style tops.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yours are trimmed. It's your oem Rubi rails that will get in the way
I have the same fear with my 15' the tubular side steps are just about even with the pinch seam i feel like 35's would rub with a 2.5 inch lift at flex, even minimal flex.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sadly, it doesn't. Yours appears to be trimmed from the factory. Thanks for going through the trouble to post these pics for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts