Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

In order to get a decent front pinion angle and eliminate vibrations I am left with 7 degrees of castor angle ,sound like a problem ? BTW i am running 33x10.5 bfg at

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
325 Posts
sjpatg said:
Hey guys

In order to get a decent front pinion angle and eliminate vibrations I am left with 7 degrees of castor angle ,sound like a problem ? BTW i am running 33x10.5 bfg at

Thanks for any info
I just went through this 6 months ago, w/33" tires it needs to be set at or around 5.5 degrees positive that will also help w/the pinion angle. 7 degrees positive plus or minus 1 degree is the stock specifications on castor... you'll see it will ride much better, not sure if your vibrations are caused by alignment issues unless you have DW but it's a start... good luck

·
Knows a couple things...
49,485 Posts
Just keep in mind that pinion angle takes precedence over caster angle. 7 degrees is a bit high for 33" tires, lowering it a tad to 5.5 to no more than 6 degrees would be good and give you a better pinion angle. Basically the bigger the tire, the less caster angle you should run. Like 4.5 to 5 degrees is optimal for 35" tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts